Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found some land

Found some land

We happened across an acre of land today that was exactly what we've been looking for ...
    it's a bit expensive by some standards, being close to Houston, however, it's pretty much what we expected and right on our budget numbers.
    We're doing our due diligence now before signing on the dotted line ... we didn't expect to find something this early, however, it's exactly what and where we want to be and we don't want to let it slide ... besides, land in this area is appreciating so, worst case would be hold it and sell it in a few years for a profit.
    I did negotiate in site prep of the lot as part of the deal ... so that made it a lot more palatable.

congratulations

that's great. finding land is HUGE step. for us though, we wished we'd waited till after taking the class to buy our land, as our ideas of 'perfect' changed a bit but good for you! got pictures?!?

Nice!

Wow! To be so lucky to find what you want so quickly. I would have never guessed it would have taken me nearly 5 years to find my slice of heaven. (but my list of requirements was rather "high bar") At least it's given me plenty of time to compile tools and equipment.

gongrats!

good to hear.
    i am currentky talking to a realtor about some land i am interested in.. i hope it goes through.

I have to tell you that

I have to tell you that we're a little concerned about just that very thing ... that our "wants" may change after the class.
    Today the real complication is our Grandchild, and the grandkids to come ... we don't want to move too far out and miss our opportunities to visit with her, and to watch the rest of them grow up day by day. THAT limits our choices severely.
    In time, my hope is I can alter the perceptions, by our example, of what life should be for all of our kids. I think one of the six is very close right now and won't take a lot for him to see "the light". The other 5 are more of a challenge.
    I guess my goals are a bit lofty, but I not only want to break the debt cycle for us, I want to help our kids break it too and not be slaves to the banking system the rest of their lives. I'd like to send them all to this class .... but it's their spouses and spouses to be that are also a factor. I mean, watch an episode or two of House Hunters on HGTV and you'll see the learned behaviors of multiple generations that is very ingrained into our very culture.
    No pictures yet ..... but we're headed back up there this weekend ....

Mark

sounds like you've got a good head on your shoulders. only you can make this decision. the desire to be near progeny is a huge one. we just heard our oldest daughter and her husband are likely moving to California (he got a promotion) which severely limit the possibility of our being a meaningful part of our grand children's lives (at least from this pair:))
    and we too are hoping to lead by example and break the cycle at least for our youngest son and youngest daughter. but we're realists and know that "you can lead a horse to water, but...."
    good luck!

kuddos

Quote Originally Posted by Captn
    I have to tell you that we're a little concerned about just that very thing ... that our "wants" may change after the class.
    Today the real complication is our Grandchild, and the grandkids to come ... we don't want to move too far out and miss our opportunities to visit with her, and to watch the rest of them grow up day by day. THAT limits our choices severely.
    In time, my hope is I can alter the perceptions, by our example, of what life should be for all of our kids. I think one of the six is very close right now and won't take a lot for him to see "the light". The other 5 are more of a challenge.
    I guess my goals are a bit lofty, but I not only want to break the debt cycle for us, I want to help our kids break it too and not be slaves to the banking system the rest of their lives. I'd like to send them all to this class .... but it's their spouses and spouses to be that are also a factor. I mean, watch an episode or two of House Hunters on HGTV and you'll see the learned behaviors of multiple generations that is very ingrained into our very culture.
    No pictures yet ..... but we're headed back up there this weekend ....

dang, i though i had some hard choices to make.... i could not imagine doing all of what i am planing on and bringing a family with me.
    kuddos to you.
    -ANDREW MASON.

Family

Quote Originally Posted by andrew mason
    dang, i though i had some hard choices to make.... i could not imagine doing all of what i am planing on and bringing a family with me.
    kuddos to you.
    -ANDREW MASON.
    Mark
    Well, it helps that my oldest is 27 and youngest is 17 (living with his mother). There's only one that will be living with us and he's off to college in 14 months.

captn

sounds like you have a ready-made building crew!!! harvest that resource:)

Closing on the land

We're closing in the morning on our little Acre of heaven ...... We are in love ....