Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Log Home Checking

LHBA Member

agreed

i think id take the class where i could get it..n then connect with some members, even if you have to drive a bit, to get inside a butt n pass home. when you see how its put together it all kinda clicks. i took two guys that work for me to VA to see Ronnies place...n that was a good move because they are more jazzed about building now than they were before. so wenzel..if you drive out..swing through kentucky on your way back home and check out our build site ( we might let you do some chinking ; )

http://s888.photobucket.com/home/rusty_bucket_album/index

philly cheese steak

I'll trade you my philly cheese steak recipe for your white chili recipe.....

Fossten's land pic's

Quote Originally Posted by fossten
    Still snow on the ground, so the perc test might happen next week. Financing is being approved as we speak. This is an oh-boy negotiation so we will probably close as soon as possible.

UPDATE: Pics have been added to the blog.
    NICE! flat land is definitely easier to build on! which direction will you orient the house?

thanks for the pictures!

fossten's land pics

The front of the house will face the road, within 45 degrees or less. We're still considering taking advantage of a little passive solar, so it's not set in stone yet. I'll probably run the driveway down the left side about 600-700 feet, and do the power shed thing to save on elec install costs.

Also thinking horse fence along the road and turning to follow the driveway, to simulate a horse run. Might look nice.