Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: White Pine Log Prices

Crooked logs

Quote Originally Posted by loghousenut

I heartily recommend building with ugly logs on your 2nd or 3rd building. It will either really turn on the left side of your brain and make you a better person for the experience, or it will break you and leave you crying face down in the dust beside an empty bottle. Pity my poor Son. This is the first log building that his Mother is holding him responsible for.

I'm still cleaning tea off of my monitor after reading that! I can just see my wife twitching in pain as the OCD kicks in...

back to White Pine log prices

sorry to bring this back to the original topic...

Just made final arrangemetns with logger - $2.50 a foot for 40' white pines with 12" min tops - $3.50 a foot for RP which will be about 50' or so

I think I can get all my logs for around $7,500

3 miles from my lot... so no delivery - gunna try to figure that out myself...

Yoopers Pat

LHBA Member

Good price!

Congrats!

Patrick

great deal on white pine

that is a great deal Yoopers! the best deal on white pine we could find was $4/foot. congratulations!!

We will eventually be building in the UP in Rapid River. Probably a few years from now. Wouldn't mind getting logs later this year so they can season to make them lighter in weight. I know they don't need seasoning for butt and pass however, this would make lifting them much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by anarchyhunter80 View Post
    We will eventually be building in the UP in Rapid River. Probably a few years from now. Wouldn't mind getting logs later this year so they can season to make them lighter in weight. I know they don't need seasoning for butt and pass however, this would make lifting them much easier.
    It will help when chinking as well, maybe not putting it in, but will cut down on the cracks that opens up
    www.WileyLogHomes.com
    "Hand Crafted Traditions"

$ for logs 2015?

Quote Originally Posted by anarchyhunter80 View Post
    Do you guys have any idea how much it could be to buy logs this year? I'm in South CO

Nope, but I did get an offer in the mail to buy my timber. Looks like you are 7 years too late.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forum Runner