16,000 was for several poles, I don't remember the? count. Plus a transformer to handle two large homes/ my neighbors home is almost 3,000 sq. ft.?They had to go down a steep hill and yes they charge extra for that.

I figure we can charge someone who wants to tie in min. $8,000. They will have no choice or pay more from further away.

This property was subdivided before the new rules came into effect. Now any subdivision lot splitter needs to bring power and water and all utilities if close by. ?Power was across that other side of that hill behind the home. Really, the previous owner should have ran power along the road and just charged more for the lots but that is not?what happened. We were fortunate because if that neighbor did not allow us to tie in we would have had to ?pay way more and bring power along the road the long way around.

All the poles are on my neighbors property so?I got fortunate there too.

?If power was along the road and we paid for it anyone else who tied in within 5 years we would get some money back. After 5?years?it would have been free for anyone who waited it out-which I think is total unfair!?

However, we paid and its on our property and have a signed agreement drawn up by a lawyer--(my neighbor wanted that) We split everything 50-50- and must agree to terms to allow someone to tie in.

The power co. has no authority in our situation.

There is a another lot owner that bought 3 lots for an investment and we tried to get him to chip in.

I think he was surprised we found him because he ran a business truckers name as a front. He should of helped us so?he could have? power to all 3 of his lots for not much money.?