Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: land picture

land picture

Last edited by Timber; 03-20-2011 at 07:59 PM.

more land pictures

Thanks for all the help posting pictures! I had to figure it out myself

That picture is looking south-west.

The closest power-pole is where my transformer is.

Cost $16,000 and a gracious neighbor to allow the power connect from him across his property....he could of said take a hike. The lot buyers next to me asked if I would split the cost to bring in power so I said yes.

When?I bought? the land I had??the power est. out and he said $10,000 never shot footage or nothing--$16,000 slightly higher than $10,000.

The picture taking was?not easy?as it was around noon and so bright and a lot of clouds. Too bright or to dark but they turned out better than I thought they?would with no filter lens on my?camera.

Another picture

?

Looking west

Sweetness!!

Sweetness!!

LHBA Member

Wow!

Wkhat did you have them provide for the $16,000? We are looking at something similiar but we haven't got an estimate for our property. It's in WVa so it might be a bit more since it will have to go up hill to get to the building site.

Ron

16,000 was for several poles, I don't remember the? count. Plus a transformer to handle two large homes/ my neighbors home is almost 3,000 sq. ft.?They had to go down a steep hill and yes they charge extra for that.

I figure we can charge someone who wants to tie in min. $8,000. They will have no choice or pay more from further away.

This property was subdivided before the new rules came into effect. Now any subdivision lot splitter needs to bring power and water and all utilities if close by. ?Power was across that other side of that hill behind the home. Really, the previous owner should have ran power along the road and just charged more for the lots but that is not?what happened. We were fortunate because if that neighbor did not allow us to tie in we would have had to ?pay way more and bring power along the road the long way around.

All the poles are on my neighbors property so?I got fortunate there too.

?If power was along the road and we paid for it anyone else who tied in within 5 years we would get some money back. After 5?years?it would have been free for anyone who waited it out-which I think is total unfair!?

However, we paid and its on our property and have a signed agreement drawn up by a lawyer--(my neighbor wanted that) We split everything 50-50- and must agree to terms to allow someone to tie in.

The power co. has no authority in our situation.

There is a another lot owner that bought 3 lots for an investment and we tried to get him to chip in.

I think he was surprised we found him because he ran a business truckers name as a front. He should of helped us so?he could have? power to all 3 of his lots for not much money.?

LHBA Member

Nice view

Timber, I really like the view from your land. It reminds me of my 8 years out in Yakima WA, (high desert) where I had a nice home up on a big hill overlooking beautiful mountains. Trout fishing and skiing was awesome in that area.
    wayne

We live in SE WA, but our land is in NW MT.
    Ah yes, Yakima. Or Yakistan as we Troops like to call it. Nice views from the Firing Range but harsh conditions. I live in the Tri-Cities.(sorry for the hijack Timber!)

Gorgeous!!! Have you checked into solar power? May cost about the same as having power from the grid?

Looks awesome congrats on the land