Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: average labor pricing per square foot for dry in?

Blog Entries
    Going commando that night was a poor choice.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

I remember you guys now! Do your "Who's on First" routine!

AbBO and CostelLHN.

Blog Entries
    Yup, Bo has always been a bit of a clown and would do anything for a gag. Once when we was kids, the whole family, must have been 20 of us or so, went out to Kim's Chinese Restaurant for some big occasion. The folks made us wear shoes. They made the mistake of seating Bo in a booth on the aisle seat.

The place was crowded and they had put us all near the entrance door and there was a line of folks milling in slowly by us toward the fancy seats back by the fish/algae tank. We didn't know it was the Mayor and we didn't know it was the Mayor's Wife, but there was a dressed up old lady standing slowly next to Bo and her dress was pinched up between her bottom cheeks. It took little prompting to goad Bo into reaching over and pulling it out.

Looking back, I can see now that her reaction was predictable. She whirled around fast enough that the feathers on her hat nearly flew south and let Bo have it with a white gloved hand right across that gaptoothy grin. She screeched something about him being a miserable little urchin (good judge of character) and spun back around in a cloud of dust and resumed slowly waddling to her group's table.

You can imagine how stunned we all were, but that didn't mean that we were completely without our wits. Bo was pretty much in shock so he was useless, but Cousin Tom (who was spending the summer with us) was all eyes and ears and wondering what the proper response was. So I quickly whispered to him "Put it back.... She musta wanted it up there".

It all went about like you'd expect.

I think it would be Bo and Tom who'd do that "Who's on First" thing. I am more inclined to just sit back quietly and observe. Wasn't this thread supposed to be about money or something?
    Last edited by loghousenut; 04-26-2016 at 08:05 AM.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

Another post that should go in the book, LHN.

We hear about all your rowdy adventures between you three, but where was cousin Panderson and sis Mosseyme during all this? Ya seem to keep them out of all the stories.

Sent from my Galaxy Edge+ using Tapatalk
    All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box

shhhhhhh. having our antics kept out of Nut's reminiscing is a really good thing!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rreidnauer View Post
    We hear about all your rowdy adventures between you three, but where was cousin Panderson and sis Mosseyme during all this? Ya seem to keep them out of all the stories.
    Truth of the matter is that our Family doesn't recognize Alaska and Hawaii as States. Panderson (Pandy) and Cindy was both born in Honolulu and that makes them... well we just try as best we can to hide them when we can.

Neither one of them has ever been much help in guiding Bo and Tom through these little humorous events. That night in the Chinese Restaurant, Cindy and Pandy was both playing with their chopsticks and noodles instead of keeping an eye open for opportunity. How is a person gonna lose any front teeth if he/she just sits there with her/his mouth shut?

To a young-un like Ronnie, it appeared to be a slap in the face that I received, but in reality, she patted my cheek, grinned, and said it was too bad I wasn't a couple years older.

And that place was so small, and with us kids all being crammed into one booth, I believe we commented about how much the bill would be based on square footage used, instead of the number of kids. Little did we know those kinds of calculations would come in handy one day. So technically this isn't a hijacked thread.

And that snot-nosed little sis was the one who told on me to Ma, and I ended up getting my hide tanned later. Now that could be construed as hijacking. But then again, she was stacking up egg rolls with her chopsticks, like a Telly stacking logs. So I guess it was in her blood too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by loghousenut View Post

Truth of the matter is that our Family doesn't recognize Alaska and Hawaii as States. Panderson (Pandy) and Cindy was both born in Honolulu
    What does that make Libya?

Sent from my VS986 using Forum Runner