Here's the deal folks, I'm in the final stages of reconstructing a small ~100 year old cabin on my land. The logs are held together purely by corner notches and they were hand-shaped to fit log to log and minimize gaps. The cabin also includes pine interior planks that I was able to remove without damage and plan to re-install.

I've re-constructed this cabin to be movable, as my plans are to some day move this cabin to a new location at the top of my land when we're ready to build a much larger home on the main building pad.

Because of that interior paneling, my plan is to wrap the interior of the cabin with Tyvek or some such thing between logs and paneling. This should provide decent weatherproofing. However, I still want to do some sort of chinking on the exterior of the logs to close up what minimal gaps there are, provide additional weatherproofing, and keep bugs out. But remember, this thing's being built portable, so I don't want to use mortar or permachink.

So here's my thought: rope! I'm thinking maybe some sort of compliant nylon or polypropelyn rope wedged between all the logs and secured in place with either tacks from the outside or maybe wire pulled through the gaps and secured inside. What do you think? Stupid idea, or might it work? Ever seen this before? Any other suggestions for chinking alternatives that retain the portability I'm looking for?

Thanks.