Thread: Bulk logs - where I can buy?

Bulk logs - where I can buy?

Is there someone in the North East that sells timber so I can mill my own logs?

thanks

milling

I see you are from Ct. We are building in Ashford. We don't recomend using milled logs. If you want, I can presonaly show you why. I highly recomend taking the class, worth every penny. As to aquiring logs, a lot of the local pro's don't like to deal with us little guys. The class goes into some detail as how tio encourage them. It took me a while to find my supplier.
    Stu
    ?<a href="http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u64/hemlock77/">http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u64/hemlock77/</a>

LHBA Member
    Somewhere between SanFran and Sandpoint...

milling

If you mean mill for your dimensional lumber, then you should take the class to learn lots of tricks for finding good logs. Although logs for milling dimensional lumber are much cheaper and easier to find than good houselogs. So you shouldnt have much problem.

If you are talking about milling your wall logs, then we dont recommend that and I would instead recommend you read all the articles on this site and then take the class. After that you wont want to touch your logs with anything other than some lifting straps and a drill.