Thread: Need advice about a Hole Hawg

Need advice about a Hole Hawg

Hello to all, I have been reading this forum and following several of your homes being built over the last couple of years. I have signed up for the class and vegas and cant wait. The question i have is i have a chance to buy a new milwaukee hole hawg actually 2. the first is model 1676-6 the other is a super hole hawg model 1680-21. These are both new for 150 and 175. what do you think. thanks for your help. Thanks Danny

living in Portland, OR & building in Ashford, WA

hole hawg = good

at least get the hole hawg. that's a good deal. we have been using one and love it.

They are both hole hawgs

the 1676-6 is the one i see in most of the members pictures, the 1680-21 is the super hole hawg bigger motor and rpm speeds. wonder if anyone has this model and what they thought of it. thanks danny

living in Portland, OR & building in Ashford, WA

right, super!

I know, I just have no experience with the super one. I'm sure it's similar but better. :)

Thanks

Ijust might buy both,
    danny

Hole hawg

I recall a thread where the super was well preferred because of the clutch brake...

do a search and you will find a lot of topic coverage on the hole hawg

Yoopers Pat

I have the Super.

Since the price difference is negligeble, I went the super route, and they had no standard Hawgs where I bought mine.

Can't complain on the Super.. it works... super.

No kicking with this baby. There's picture of someone on the forum (members area, Johnycoho I think) with a NASTY black eye from the HH.

Very liitle out there compares against these 2 drills (IMHO).

For that price get both for sure! You'll easily sell them after. They go for that and more used on ebay. When I have a big crew working, I wish I had two to drill with.

Thanks for all the help

I will buy both.

LHBA Member

good answer

right on. I only had one when i started my house, and found second one at an auction that was dirty but worked, got it for $50. Within the week, the cord failed on my good one, so i used the dirty one as the backup. When i got the cord fixed, i just put the new one away and didn't use it again. If you are very far from town at all, it's better to just have a backup for everything, nothing breaks progress faster than having to take a trip to town to get something.