Thread: Terrace BC?

LHBA Member
    Somewhere between SanFran and Sandpoint...

Terrace BC?

Anyone farmilliar with this area? Terrace BC?

Sure looks nice up there :)

rain

don't move to terrace unless you love rain. Terrace makes seattle look like a desert

LHBA Member
    Somewhere between SanFran and Sandpoint...

rain?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheam
    don't move to terrace unless you love rain. Terrace makes seattle look like a desert
    So Seattle gets on average 942mm of precip each year.

Terrace on the other hand gets 1295mm.

Yikes! :)

At least everything is going to be really green there. And trees will grow fast. Hmmm. Sounds awfully gloomy though.

close but better

Quote Originally Posted by Yuhjn
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheam
    So Seattle gets on average 942mm of precip each year.

Terrace on the other hand gets 1295mm.

Yikes! :)

At least everything is going to be really green there. And trees will grow fast. Hmmm. Sounds awfully gloomy though.
    Ya, It is pretty gloomy there the mountains trap the clouds and they hardly ever leave. If you go a couple hours drive east to smithers or babine, the country is really nice. it is behind the coast range, so it is drier and colder. it is one of my most favored spots. The salmon fishing is great

here

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&t=p&ie=UTF8&ll=54.803653,-126.156693&spn=0.093203,0.219727&z=12

babine lake

Blog Entries

3 week vacation

Some years ago we went camping for three weeks in Alberta and BC. 21 days in the summer. 20 out of 21 days it rained. Some of the most beautiful country I've ever seen. I'd go back to visit the area and the people.

rain

in SW BC I have worked in the rain 90 days straight.
    in alberta It is pretty dry. this is where I am living now. Rain would be nice for the forest fires we are having right now

Terrace

My husband's brother and family live up in Terrace. They absolutely love it! They've been there for about 8 years or more. They only leave every second year to visit family even though he is a school teacher and could get away every year easily. They just like it up there too much to leave that often. It is very green. The economy depends on the mill, though.