Thread: octagon cabin

octagon cabin

I am new to site and hope to attend april 2009 class . Looking for information or update on student octagon home. Plan to build a cypress octagon home on my lake property in ne florida. Any suggestions.

Blog Entries

Octagon Log Home?

Are you referring to a kit style log home?

octagon cabin

trwjrmarine The cabin I had seen was a butt and pass in the student pictures section but only had 4or 5 courses laid. I was wondering if they had finished yet and was looking for more info and pictures.

OCT-a-gone log home

YES ! As long as a butt and pass method log home has an even number of "corners" it will work! Several members over my 22 year span involved with the LHBA have built such homes. The good part is you can use shorter logs.

You can ask specific questions in one of the seminars.

Mikey, Journeyman 1987

octagon log home

hoganmtnlady
    Whisperingwind Mountain Creations
    Montana
    I am also looking at building an octagaon log home from trees that were burnt on our land in 2006.They are still standing and still good to build with. Do you have a plan for your home and is it to be on the large scale or small. Mine is 32' and will be built with 6'wall sides up to 10'center,stove pipe center bracket hole also at top. Logs will also be laid in the butt and pass methid. Kat