Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It can be done!! We've moved in our new loghome

It can be done!! We've moved in our new loghome

We're not done but we've moved in and it's wonderful! We are finally out of the barn after three years. We've left the spiders and furry critters back in the barn living quarters. In Creek County, Ok, you don't have to have an occupancy permit so don't have to ask anyone when we can move in. We still have cabinets to finish, even some inside chinking to complete, and outside still have porches to do, but we are in and it is very cozy in these cool February nights.

See our latest pictures on our web site: http://www.vernstreet.com

It's been a great experience and we are plugging on to complete the house.

If you have just found this forum and wonder if it is real - guess what!!
    It is real and Sara and I with some help from a few other LHBA members have built this beautiful log home. We did everything including cutting most of our wood on our little sawmill, all the electrical and plumbing, (with the help of fellow member Randy Titus). You don't have to have a large bankroll to do this. If anyone wants a cost breakdown of our project, just send me an email. I use a spam checker, so you will receive an email back insuring you are a real person before passing it on to me.

Location is important also as some of the LHBA members paid more in building permits and fees than we paid total.

Check the pictures and get excited! It can happen. We laid the first log in February of 2007. We actually moved in after two years of construction.

Vern and Sara Street
    Creek County Oklahoma

Nice Job

Congratulations Vern and Sara!

I'm very glad you moved in.? It must be a great source of pride for you both.

Tom

nobleknight

class 01-15-05

LHBA Member

HOORAY!

Vern and Sara--

Add my hearty congratulations to Tom's! I'm SO happy to see all your wonderful progress and hear you're out of the barn and in your lovely log home!!!

Too many great touches to comment on, so I'll just suffice to say, it all looks FANTASTIC! (I did especially love the front door, though!)

We hope you'll be very, very happy there, and someday we'll hope to see it in person.

Take good care and ENJOY! Sara : )

Ragdump Hey Vern good to

Ragdump
    Hey Vern good to see another dirtbike rider,saw your link to ISDE.I've been riding bikes just about my entire life,have several friend with skunk stripe helmets.My place in the California sierra's Ragdump is in the middle of thousands of acres of forest we've been building trails for 25 years another group of riders just bought a parcel near mine one of them is exworld champ Brad Lackey

Congratulations

Very inspiring to see your dream come to fruition.

CONGRATS!!

How very cool! Your home is lovely & gives great inspiration to those of us who are still dreaming & planning!

Joyce

Congratulations!!

It looks wonderful and must certainly feel wonderful. I will stop by next time I am in Tulsa.

moved in

Congratulations. Cannot wait till we get to move in. It must feel good though.

Sara and Verns Place

Sara and Vern,
    My hats to you guys! What a feat. The place looks great. I especiaslly love those cedarplanks you milled. Wait until you hit them with sealer and watch them dance with energy!

Since you guys are around my age, it gives me hope to know that even an old fart like me can build one.

Kola

Sara &

Sara & Vern,

CONGRATS!!!!
    Must be nice to have a bit more elbow room huh?
    I'd love a tour now that it's done if I ever get back down there.
    Now you can relax a bit :)