Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Joke thread (Don't read if you don't like funny)

Rod nice little bear story for you

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/01/09/BAL71BDC28.DTL&tsp=1

Hey Rod you want take him as pet haahaha
    I would i think it funny unless i was in there shoes i be afraid then. I gone ask them take him up my area the nebors need help staying thin this year i in the gift giving spirt haahaha

Claire

Quote Originally Posted by clairenj
    since the holidays and my reaction has words;
    what a bunch of wimps.
    Does just one member have to complain ??or is it our administrative justice we are experiencing???
    would you not let your children read the newspapers or watch TV? I guess I'm now banned for life
    but before I go, just one more thing.....I would never ever mention the NRA to any children let alone in church! but you did on this forum! go figure
    Claire, I have to say I rather agree with you. I titled this thread the way I did because it was supposed to be a thread that those who did not want to read it wouldn't. There are always those threads where everyone's complaining things are off topic in politics but they only seem to be off topic if someone is in disagreement with the majority. I meant to warn off anyone who cannot take a joke. Then there are those who try to turn a joke thread into something political too. I try to steer it back to just jokes but there are those who gotta say something, lots in fact, even though they really don't have a joke.

I was pretty suprized when I came back to the thread to see the stern warning there and so I looked through the thread to see what the problem was. Maybe stuff had already been deleted? I don't know. But the church reference was actually pretty funny because I think churches are pretty SCARY places and that children should not be brought to them at all. Imagine! Teaching your children that a big ghost in the sky is going to cast them to hellfire if they fib about sneaking ice cream out of the refrigerator.

Oh by the way, I have a religious joke:

What do you get when two rabbis find a penny?
    COPPER WIRE!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Frances

even scarier

wow i never was taught that in church.

even scarier--children, its ok to fib on ice-cream

but don't lie if you rob kill and burn the neighbors house down! honesty does have a place in this family of no big ghost in the sky.<now that's scary!

all the rivers flow to the ocean and yet the ocean does not overflow!

you mock God then anyone should be able to reply.

lets not forget, although you started this thread the web-site still belongs to L.H.B.A. and to that I say thank God.

Blog Entries

To all the wimps... I say THANK YOU...

since the holidays and my reaction has words;
    what a bunch of wimps.
    Does just one member have to complain ??or is it our administrative justice we are experiencing???
    would you not let your children read the newspapers or watch TV? I guess I'm now banned for life
    but before I go, just one more thing.....I would never ever mention the NRA to any children let alone in church! but you did on this forum! go figure
    To me it is a refreshing break from the norm to follow a forum that isn't constantly being torn away from its original purpose by the bickering and petty rantings that can take over when people like me get together with people like me. I really, REALLY enjoy pushing the envelope and anonymously throwing decorum to the wind with my postings. When it gets out of hand my initial instinct is to see how far I can push it and my sophomoric attempts at humor can be rather abrasive.

The leash that the moderator of this forum holds has kept me and my comments within bounds. I am truly thankful each time I read through the postings from my Butt and Pass family. I am confident that the efforts of the moderators is key to the civility and longivity of this forum.

I sometimes scratch my head when a posting gets pulled. On reflection it becomes apparent that there are folks out there who would naturally read such a posting differently than I. There are regulars here who are politically incorrect on the opposite side of the spectrum from the side that I am politically incorrect on. Once we get to banging heads and decide to draw that sandline and start needling each other, suddenly we start doing things that hurt the forum... things like not responding to somebody's log home building question or problem simply because we don't like their political, or religious, or racial, or gender baggage.

I decided a long time ago that I am here for the morale support that it takes to keep my head screwed on straight while I do this thing. I'm here to build a house and save my part of the world. I'll save the rest of the world on a forum that I don't care about.

Thanks for all the help I get off this forum and thanks even more for the job that you nameless moderators do. No spam, no baloney (I know it's misspelled), no foolin.... I love you guys!

jokes, and only jokes

A priest is driving down to New York and gets stopped for speeding in Connecticut. The state trooper smells alcohol on the priest's breath and then sees an empty wine bottle on the floor of the car.

He says, "Sir, have you been drinking?"

"Just water," says the priest.

The trooper says, "Then why do I smell wine?"

The priest looks at the bottle and says, "Good Lord! He's done it again!"

administrative deletions

Hey clairenj, one of my jokes got deleted too. I hope you don't take it personally. I enjoy your posts!

just one more for today

A workman is doing work inside a church. He sees a little old Italian lady get down in front of a statue of Mary and start to pray.

The workman decides to have a little fun. He gets behind the statue of Jesus and loudly says, "Woman, get off your kness. Don't pray to her, pray to me!"

The little old Italian lady looks up at the statue of Jesus and says, "Shutup your mouth, I'm talking to your mother!"

LHBA Member
    Somewhere between SanFran and Sandpoint...

honesty

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure joke threads are a good idea on this forum. Most jokes are funny because there is a grain of truth in them. But once you start talking about truth you quickly get into people's belief system. People who believe in gods generally get very upset when you say something which may challenge their beliefs.

Meanwhile the empiricists in the group actually WANT that kind of debate. Because we develop our belief system based on the world we see around us and based on scientific evidence. This evidence is gathered through experimentation and thought, and is therefore not only likely to change, but required to change, as our beliefs develop over time to more closely match physical reality.

So there is a fundamental conflict between the people who get upset when their beliefs are challenged, and the people who actually want their beliefs challenged.

Clearly the LHBA forums are not the place for this conflict to play out.

And dont forget that Skip was not a Christian, he was in fact a Muslem. Would we argue with him about which god was the right one?

My suggestion is kill the joke threads.

(personally I like those kinds of threads, but I dont want to get banned from the LHBA. I find it hard to resist many posts which veer off in the direction of politics and religion so I'd rather not be tempted)

LHBA Member
    Somewhere between SanFran and Sandpoint...

banned

I guess I'm now banned for life
    Seriously? No warning or anything?

The LHBA staff has been very tolerant of me and some others. I'm very surprised to hear this.

Someone even more important . . .

While the Pope was visiting the USA, he told the driver of his limo that he has always wondered what it would be like to drive a limo. The driver was a good Catholic man, and would not ever dream of denying the Pope's wishes. So the Pope sat at the wheel, while his driver got in the back. They were traveling down the road doing 70 mph and weaving through traffic, when a policeman happened to see them. As the officer pulled them over and walked up to the driver's door, he was startled and called in to headquarters reporting a speeding limo, with a VIP inside it.

The chief asked: "Who is in the limo, the mayor?"
    The policeman told him: "No, someone more important than the mayor."

Then the chief asked "Is it the governor?"
    The policeman answered: "No, someone more important than the governor."

The chief finally asked: "Is it the President?"
    The policeman answered: "No, someone even more important than the President."

This made the chief very angry and he bellowed: "Now who is more important than the President?!"
    The policeman calmly whispered: "I'll put it to you this way chief. I don't know who this guy is, but he has the Pope as his chauffeur."