Page 41 of 66 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Joke thread (Don't read if you don't like funny)

Ha! I thought for sure you were going to say he speaks Spanish, but this was even funnier!

(I admit, there have been a few conversations with Southerners that I could barely understand)

Sent from my SM-G928G using Tapatalk
    All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box

Aiea, Hi or when it's warm Camano Island, Washington
    Blog Entries
    TWO TOUGH QUESTIONS

QUESTION 1: If you knew a woman who was pregnant,who had 8 kids already, three who were deaf, two who were blind, one mentally retarded, and she had syphilis, would you recommend that she have an abortion?

Read the next question before scrolling down to the answer of this one.

QUESTION 2: It is time to elect a new world leader, and your vote counts.

Here are the facts about the three leading candidates:

CANDIDATE A: Associates with crooked politicians,and consults with astrologists. He's had two mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to
    10 martinis a day.

CANDIDATE B: He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of whisky every evening.

CANDIDATE C: He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian, doesn't smoke, drinks an occasional beer and hasn't had any extramarital affairs.

Which of these candidates would be your choice? Decide first, no looking, then scroll down for the answer.

CANDIDATE A is Franklin D. Roosevelt

CANDIDATE B is Winston Churchill

CANDIDATE C is Adolph Hitler

And by the way - Answer to the abortion question if you said yes, you just killed Beethoven.

Pretty interesting isn't it. Makes a person think.

Remember - amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic.
    Dave
    --> The unaimed arrow never misses....
    --> If can, can. If no can, no can... Hawaiian Pidgin
    2011 video http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/open...a413d0d0a&sb=1
    2006 to 2009 video http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s274/flintlock1/
    If you are gonna be dumb, you better be TOUGH!

LHBA Member
    So, another true story. I can't make this stuff up...
    I spoke with a friend on the phone earlier today. They recently got back from a trip to Florida. He said one morning while he was there he went to a donut shop to for, you guessed it, Donuts. He ordered "half a dozen donuts." Girl behind the counter taking the order replied, "You can order 6 or 12."

Quote Originally Posted by allen84 View Post
    So, another true story. I can't make this stuff up...
    I spoke with a friend on the phone earlier today. They recently got back from a trip to Florida. He said one morning while he was there he went to a donut shop to for, you guessed it, Donuts. He ordered "half a dozen donuts." Girl behind the counter taking the order replied, "You can order 6 or 12."
    What exactly is taught in the course of 12 years of schooling these days?

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005

LHBA Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rreidnauer View Post
    What exactly is taught in the course of 12 years of schooling these days?

Right? Maybe she was absent for that lesson. I told my buddy he should have made it a learning moment and taught her about a baker's dozen too. Seems like the knowledge of 1/2 dozen and a whole dozen might should have been an interview question for a donut shop job.

I'm always surprised when a cashier counts you change back from the sales price to the amount you tendered. Most are clueless unless they can see a number on the computer screen.
    “None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

LHBA Member
    Quote Originally Posted by misplayed-hand View Post
    I'm always surprised when a cashier counts you change back from the sales price to the amount you tendered. Most are clueless unless they can see a number on the computer screen.
    I recently tried to hand a cashier an extra dollar, after he already plugged it into the computer, so he could give me back a $5 instead of 4 ones. By the look on his face he was mind blown. I said "nevermind, I'm just gonna spend it all somewhere anyways."

Reminds me of a retail job I had when I was 16 or 17. Old style register with a bunch of buttons you'd press before hitting the register lever. It was electrified, so you didn't have to turn a crank. (though, you could if so desired!) You had to enter tax manually too, and it would not register change to give back. You had to know how to figure out change, and counting up was the norm. They had an electronic register too, but I avoided it like the plague. In the 80's, those electronic registers were temperamental as heck, and if you didn't enter everything just so, it would have a fit.

Yeah, today, everything is brainless tasks, until you throw a wrench into the works, like you did that extra dollar. That is what annoys me about going to an auto parts place these days too. If the computer can't spit back a result for what you are looking for, the guy at the counter is utterly useless. Sure do miss old wisdom.

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005

LHBA Member
    Those auto parts people probably think I'm crazy... Sometimes, when you're working on Frankenstein, you just have to go in the back and visually pick out the item you need!! LOL And they don't much like letting the customer behind the counter.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by allen84 View Post
    Those auto parts people probably think I'm crazy... Sometimes, when you're working on Frankenstein, you just have to go in the back and visually pick out the item you need!! LOL And they don't much like letting the customer behind the counter.
    I just tell them "Ellery sent me down here to look". He's my mechanic friend. Anytime I drop that name, everybody knows him and they let me get whatever part I need. I even got my landcruiser's head resurfaced at a racing shop that literally only works on drag-car engines. cost me $50 with his name. Having a mechanic as a friend is priceless. He's a cranky banjo player on top of it all. ....'course, I'm an accordion player, so I guess we're even. We're both going to play at the ladies medieval themed church night in a week or so- we have to come up with an hour's worth of "renaissance music"- me on the ukulele, him on the guitar. Hope it works out....If not- well, this is the joke thread, so I'll let y'all know....
    --
    "cutting trees is more important than thinking about cutting trees or planning to cut trees." ~ F. David Stanley

videos: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/mudflap/
    polished blog: https://loghomejourney.wordpress.com
    not-so-polished-but-updated-frequently blog: https://mudbox.freedombox.rocks/ikiw...fromtheMudbox/
    diaspora: https://diaspora.psyco.fr/people/613...39001e67d879df