Thread: Joke thread (Don't read if you don't like funny)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by donjuedo View Post
    I gotta ask. How did it happen, and twice?
    First time was a 66 Chevy Malibu wagon that I took too far north on Long Beach in Washington. I used to have a photo of me on the roof as the first wave washed over it. We camped on the beach drinking peach Brandy. The car is still there.

The other was a 62 Corvair camper van. I camped in a deserted trailer park 5 miles upstream from the mouth of the Klamath River in northern California. I chose that spot because there was a good flood going on and I wanted to see it the next day.

3 am found me pulling on my pants with ankle deep water in the van. By the time I got my boots on, I was armpit deep. I got a hammock like bed strung up in a nearby bunch of Alder trees and spent the night keeping my head and feet above water. It was December of 81.

All night there was 8" of the van above water and my dog was inside. By 11:30 am the water had receded 3" and I was rescued by a couple of Yurok men in a sled boat, looking for Port Orford Cedar logs.

They rescued me and what gear I could find, and a very grateful dog. I had supposed she was dead. I rented a house from one of my saviors and 6 days later we winched the van out and towed it to my new home.

I spent 3 months completely dismantling and restoring the van and I sold it 40,000 miles later. That darned dog went through several such calamities and eventually died just before our Son was born. She was 16.

Both experiences were totally great experiences to survive. I would not be whoevernell I am without experiences like these.

Yes, I know they were both preventable... Me Mother told me that many years ago.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by loghousenut; 01-01-2022 at 09:32 PM.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.