Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any toughts on this?

Wind, Solar, Water & Bio Alternate Power Sources

Al,
    Great information...Good read!

I'm not totally into that as far as actually doing it, but I am certainly interested in the technology of it and who knows later on after I get going....

Hey Snip'

Hey Snip'p'er send me your email, or email me, ?I'd like to talk about that tack driver you have there------------+. Yes X does mark the spot. Heh Heh....

Another critter gitter

Sorry, way off topic. :-)

Re: Critter Gitter

Wow! Rod, that is one cool looking Rod, all puns intended. Did you have the stock costom made for your cheek weld too! What is it, a 308 or 30-06. What kinda critters have said hellow to your little freinds commun out front door, when you let it do the talking for ya? Heh Heh...

It started out as a Savage

It started out as a Savage 12FV, but got refitted with a much more solid laminate from Richards Microfit Gunstocks, Inc. (the factory composite stock had too much flex in the floated forearm for me, as the pulse in my cheek would cause the crosshairs to drift with each beat!!!) It's 22-250, sending 55gr rounds downrange at 3700+fps. It's topped with a Burris 8-32x Black Diamond scope on Burris Signature Rings. The bipod is a Harris HBL.

To be perfectly honest, this gun has never been "fired in anger" so I guess it's a critter no gitter. I put it together for a prairie dog trip that never happened. But as for pennies, they fear me.

(pennies at 100 yds. consistently)

Blog Entries

Getting away from the shoulder pounders

I have an extensive collection of guns. A number of flat shooters. But what I enjoy more now than ever before is my .22 Air Rifle. Faster than a .22 powder rifle and will also repeatedly tag existing holes at 100 yards. No longer comfortable with the long reach guns with my old gimpy, surgically scarred shoulders. I have an Olympic, Match Grade .22 and I can shoot as well with my ultra modern air rifle. Predators fear it.

Blog Entries

I BOUGHT THIS PRODUCT

I thought this might give me an alternative to powering a lightbulb in my chicken coup--that's my excuse.

This is not a total scam product--it is a few amateur videos of a guy building a wind generator and a solar panel out of junk. If you are looking for RELIABLE, LONG-LASTING power for your cabin, this is NOT the product for you. There are many similar web sites/products out there like this and I am definately correctly assuming that they are all one man's successful attempt--or others' attempts to piggy-back--to make money by video taping his successful exploits.

For the record, IF I HAD THE TIME I would try the wind power thing on my chicken coup, but, alas, I have no time for this monkey business. I'll stick with my 200' of extension cords running all over the place until I have time to trench and install power and water to my more perminent farm buildings over where I plan to build the log cabin.