Thread: Help Harvesting and Milling Wood and Quartz for Timber Frame House NC/SC

Help Harvesting and Milling Wood and Quartz for Timber Frame House NC/SC

I am looking to harvest and mill wood from a piece of property to build a timberframe house. There is also a lot of quartz I would like to use for foundation, fireplaces, reinforcing, etc.

There was a time when it was commonplace for people to do things like this, and it was easy to find someone experienced in this, but this is not that time.

That is why I am here. I am looking for someone who can point me in the direction of anyone who retains skills from that time, so that I might learn, build, and pass it down.

So.... anyone know anyone? Even if they are not local to me, they may have contacts in the area, so I am willing to take ANY leads. Thanks!

Places to get more info, forestry forum, tillers int. timber framing class, slipform masonry - Tom Elpel, All manner of construction - North house folk school.

Take the LHBA class as it will give you a lot of info for basic DIY construction.