Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Timberframing

Our home is basically Skip's

Our home is basically Skip's concept combined with timber-framing with whole logs. Much easier than all the complex joinery, etc. that goes into timber-framing done with beams. House hasn't budged or settled an inch. If you took the class, there is no need to have "someone" erect the frame for you. Just get some logs and erect away! In fact, we are thinking about doing another with just framing in using logs ourselves as we have access to lots of logs, but they are shorter than would make for a whole butt and pass house. Much cheaper than hiring someone to do it the regular way.
    --
    lisa

willandhelen

I would love to see your place. Where are you located? I am building on Keel Mountain in Gurly, AL. (256-508-5633) robert.h.gdula@us.army.mil

lisaandmark's home

That sounds very interesting! Skip's concept combined with whole log timber-framing? Do you have any pictures? I am curious to see what a home of this type looks like and the methods involved. FYI, my wife and I are taking the Feb '09 class and we surely still have more learning to do.

JP
    Minnesota

We are moved in now and the

We are moved in now and the house is great. I am just finishing up the trim. I will try and get the finished product pictures up soon.

100_2614.jpg

Ok, Five Years Later... A picture of the house

wow. beautiful work, willandhelen!!!

LHBA Member
    Blog Entries
    Very nice, but that was just a tease!

LHBA Member
    I like that.
    Mike
    Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Mosseyme View Post
    Very nice, but that was just a tease!
    2012-11-03 13.41.09.jpg2012-03-10 14.39.00.jpg

Here are a couple more of great room and loft. Need to find a few of bedrooms etc.

LHBA Member
    Blog Entries
    That is exactly what I want to build next! What type of joinery did you use?