Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Remote cabin security

You can't go wrong investing in a couple of cellular game cameras. That way you're notified almost immediately and could possibly notify or catch them in the act. Don't skimp on the cameras and definitely get ones with solar charging and a cable lock (even if they're going to be 10 feet off the ground). Otherwise changing lithium batteries out every other month could get expensive. As others have mentioned, there are some pretty cheap solar powered motion lights that can deter not only the bad guys but some unwanted members of the forest as well. NobleNight's idea of target practice evidence is one of the better ones I've heard.

Blog Entries
    Robert. I am stupid. Would you post a link of your favorite solar powered game cam that gives an instant notification?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

Blog Entries
    PS... Welcome to the Forum

Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by loghousenut View Post
    Robert. I am stupid. Would you post a link of your favorite solar powered game cam that gives an instant notification?

me too. can you give us instructions on the VPN? I've been looking at a freedombox, but I know I probably can't figure it out.

also been looking at cellular game cameras, but it seems like they all want me to send my photos to them before they forward it to me. Not sure I want my photos sent to a third party...

thanks!
    --
    "cutting trees is more important than thinking about cutting trees or planning to cut trees." ~ F. David Stanley

videos: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/mudflap/
    polished blog: https://loghomejourney.wordpress.com
    not-so-polished-but-updated-frequently blog: https://mudbox.freedombox.rocks/ikiw...fromtheMudbox/
    diaspora: https://diaspora.psyco.fr/people/613...39001e67d879df

I just bought some Reolink solar/wifi/pan&tilt 1080p cameras. Instant alerts and camera viewing on your phone, records to Micro SD and cloud.
    Not installed yet, but so far in testing, they are working well. Will update after some real life trials.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box

Blog Entries
    I can't wait.

Blog Entries
    I googled what I think you are talking about and eagerly await your expert review.

LHBA Member
    Quote Originally Posted by loghousenut View Post

I like the Spypoint cellular camera Micro-LTE. It has option for solar charger for batteries. You can get a twin pack at Academy for $139.99 regular price is $199.99. There is a catch though they require subscription. I pay the unlimited data at $10 a month each camera (if you pay annually @ 20% off) because the wind, birds, cats, foxes and everything else triggers the camera and it will quit sending photos once the limit is reached. Not sure of any other brands and their fees for subscriptions.
    The Grajiola Family