Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Exceptional Log Home: Pam Neighbors

Tile

Completly awsome home.
    I was wondering how you set the tile? did you puor a lightwieght concrete base? or ?.
    B-E-utiful house.

Aiea, Hi or when it's warm Camano Island, Washington
    Blog Entries

Help Pam..

I want to do tile as well. I talked to Pam and she used cement board over underlayment.
    I don't have the exact materials, but I need to get them.
    Help Pam
    Thanks

LHBA Member

Pams house

Sorry to be out of pocket so long guys! Got rear-ended a few weeks back and slowed me down a bit. Bummer. But, anyway, Rocklock, if you'll drop by I can give you a copy of the plans for these people or you can show me how to scan them and get them up on here to see. I can help you with the tile if you want Rock, I love laying this stuff out! If your floor is suspended from the rim joists: I used TJI's, mainly because of the span. If you plan to lay tile, you'll need to stable it up some using scissors or blocks. I put a block about every 6 ft or so. (Rock I have a picture of this too.) For decking we used 5/8" plywood, then Hardy-backer. Screw it down on every one of those little dots! Sounds like torture but it will stabilize the floor so as not to allow enough movement to cause breakage to your tile or grout line. I was generous with the thin-set, and to date don't have any breakage at all in 1500 sq.ft. of tile on a suspended floor! I didn't use it, but you can get an additive for the thin-set that gives it a little bit of elasticity. Hope this helps, thanks for all of your gracious comments !

LHBA Member

kskshome04

The railing in this house was custom designed by me and built by Kevin at Wesweld in Stanwool Wa. He did an amazing job! I also used another friend of mine who lives here local. he works for a major welding company up here, but does fabulous metal art on the side. I have designed several railings for others and had him and his wife build them for a lot less money. He'll be doing my balconey. Contact me when you're ready. Pam

LHBA Member

kyle and spin05

Scott you saw the truck we used didn't you? We started out with a 19 ton Peterbuilt boom. Then upgraded to a 23 ton bad boy from Ness Crane. Helps if you know their weaknesses. A quart of home-made hell-acious good jalapeno dill pickles and gas money each day. Not a bad deal!

Outstanding Work!

Pam, you have done a fantastic job on your log home! The attention to detail is phenomenal! As for the tile work, I'd offer you a job right now but I think you do a better job than me! My son and I do carpet tile and wood floors and I am totally impressed by your tile work! We did a tile fireplace last Christmas for a guy and it turned out quite well. I only say that because it can be a very attractive alternative to a rock or brick fireplace. Here is a link to the photobucket pics of the fireplace: http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r119/willitshigh/?action=view&current=Jones044.jpg
    Feel free to check out our whole album that we've put together for the different types of flooring and other tile work we do.
    Again, I have to say that you have done an outstanding job on your home!

Pam's House Floor Plan

How is getting the floor plan onto the website coming? It's like being five years old and waiting for Santa! All the pictures are glowious and it would be grand to see how it all fits together. If this encroaches on anyone's copy right, don't worry. Don't plan to copy, just want to see!

Doug

LHBA Member

plans

OK!!!! somebody come over here and show me how to use this @#*! hi tech computer stuff. Why can't they figure a way to make this thing work like any other power tool? I have a scanner, not that I can use it as you well know. I'm trying!

is that an invite?

Will pack up our crew and come for a visit! Pam, your house is spectacular!!

---------------------
    Or if that thought puts a shiver of fear into you.... (as it well should!) you might check into a local computer or printing service to scan it for you for a couple bucks. I'll even donate to the cause. :)

~ Linda