Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2 Good 2 B true?

Wow!

Thanks for the replies everyone! Dave that is an awesome home you are building! The more I read, the more I can't wait to do this!

I liked the comment about thinking outside the box. Definitely me.

Hey Shark, Your place is

Hey Shark, Your place is coming along real nice, to bad we missed ya by about 1/2 hour. The wife really liked it. After seeing your place and Kevins place she is really behind me in this. Whenever we are out driving around now she looks at land and says stuff like a log house would look good in there.

Rocklock your place looks fantastic.

Hopefully we will have some land this summer and get some small temporary shelter up that we can live in while we are building. Just downsized on vehicles and hopefully will be able to start having the money to start getting more things. Trying to go about the way taught in class so that we can get away from the mortgage and all the things like that.

I was skeptical to at first. I was doing alot of research online about log homes, I am so happy I took this class it has really changed my outlook on life.

flooring

Quote Originally Posted by gonehunting
    shark I was checking out your pics. and was wondering what you will be installing over your sub floor?

Some kind of hardwood in the living room, & tile in the bathrooms/kitchen. We were going to do 2x6 pine T&G, but worried that it'd get damaged during framing & the other construction, so layed down subfloor.

Travis, yah it's too bad we couldn't stick around longer. My arms were jello after trimming most of the overdangles :)
    But we're ready for some framing starting next Saturday, should be interesting.

Kala - one more testimonial

Kala, While I took the class and loved it, remember that there's a money-back guarantee if you're not happy. But I can't imagine that anyone would ever honestly cash in on that - there's just too much knowledge handed out in the class.

LHBA Member

dave

Yep, even colder today. I was outside picking up branches. I figured you were sunning yourself just worried sick about me freezing my buns off! Good to hear from you though. I got a new chainsaw for my birthday! So custom, not another one like it ANYWHERE! Can't wait for you to see it. Tomorrow when the LBHA guys come out (we'll eat my apple pie and think of you ) I'm going to get Steve to get a pic up for all to see. I know I'll get a razzing, but so be it!!!!!!!!!!! Call me when you get home, I wanna come over.

Pam

LHBA Member

NH

Take the class, then you can get into the good stuff in the members forums. You'll learn a ton in class, then you'll be able to get back-up from other builders. When my place was built (and yes its still standing contrary to what a few other builders had to say) 1998-2000, we didn't have this luxury. We got together with others who had the dream and worked it out on napkins, stacked carrots, bent restraunt silverware or whatever! We have all helped each other. We learned more each time we built. Having this website is a huge help for those of you considering building. Jump in. You can get all you need including prayers here.

Wow - a balmy 35. It was

Wow - a balmy 35. It was maybe 26 when we left the worksite, today.

Benjamin and New Readers

I am in. As long as my husband is onboard, we will be going to WA as soon as possible. One thing I found interesting to new readers out there. There are over 45,000 members in this association. That doesn't happen unless this is for real!

Okay, quit your complaining. It is -23 Farhenheit and with the windchill it is -43 right now as I type! I can't wait to build my log home and curl up by the fire on days like this. I only have a gas fireplace right now and that is just not good enough! Have fun dreaming, searching, building and staying warm. BTW we just got back from Mexico on Saturday night and then the temp dropped. Go figure.
    Debby

Okay, quit your complaining.

Okay, quit your complaining.

You have a point, but both my wife and brother-in-law are from crazy cold Alaska and both get colder here @ 32 than they do in Alaska at sub-zero temperatures. It is a much different cold in our region- that's why Dave is in Hawaii. Ha.