Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JAN. 12&13 class of 2008

JAN. 12&13 class of 2008

My name is Bess and I'll be taking the Jan. 12&13 '08 class with my hubby Jason and my bro' Greg. We're from eastern PA and we can't wait to take the class and meet other log-home-builder-wannabes. 46 days and counting!!!

LHBA Member

Jan. class

Hi Bess, My friend and I have signed up for the Jan. class also. I'm from NC and look foward to meeting you guys.

See ya' there!

At least I hope we'll see you there...I gotta get kennel arrangements for 4 big dogs. Never had to do that before.

What's the weather like up there this time of year???

LHBA Member

We've got 3 dogs and they

We've got 3 dogs and they will be spending the weekend with their granny...so good luck on boarding your babies.

Boarding ?

When I travel, which is rare, I hire a TRUSTED relative/friend/neighbor to take care of my animals. I pay them well and make a list of responsibilities and feeding procedures. Your pets will appreciate the "stay-at-home" service.

Kola

My wife and I are in. We

My wife and I are in. We live in the area. In January 2004 I remeber sitting on the back deck with my wife in shorts having a drink. It could also snow. Wear layers and Gortex and you will be covered for most conditions. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Jason

My wife and I are in too.

We're out on the east coast in Virginia, so it'll be a long flight, but we're very excited that we're finally able to make time for the class!

Does anyone know if we receive confirmation after we fax in our applications?

babies,uh, I mean doggies

Our dogs (Dolly and Nora) will be staying with their granny. They are much to spoiled for roughing it at a kennel, plus granny's free. I did leave them home last year when we went on a family trip. Mom went on the trip so I couldn't leave them with her. I had a very responsible family friend/ petsitter come to the house three times a day to take care of them. We even left some of our dirty laundry around so they could smell us and feel reassured. I don't know if that made any difference or not but the children seemed totally fine when we got home. The pet sitter wasn't cheap($50.00 a day) but to keep 2 dogs in a kennel isn't cheap either. Plus I knew they would be free to roam their usual surroundings and get the food I wanted them to have. I personally recommend the petsitter route over the kennel but if you trust your kennel or veterinarian go for it. Good luck with everything. Bess

My doggy dog world

So I've been spending alot of time at work sneaking phone time with petsitter agencies and kennels. There's a kennel that'll house all four dogs for 350 bucks for 5 nights. I'm still waiting for the estimate from the last agency but apparently my travel partner and classmate has had a change of heart about going so all this arranging for the dogs' care may be moot. My daughter is a university student and has decided that she cannot afford to go right now. So she will be staying behind to take care of our canine pack. I'm relieved about the dog thing but really really disappointed that she won't be going with me. I HATE to have to go without her. I'm used to traveling alone by myself for my job but this was going to be fun, an adventure. We're both chomping on the bit to get up to our NY property permanently and this was a symbolic action towards that goal that we were going to do together. I was imagining how exciting it was going to be for us on the long flight home jabbering about what to do next.

Oh boogers....

Does anyone know if we

Does anyone know if we receive confirmation after we fax in our applications?

We didn't for our class. We got an on-line receipt for our payment and we just printed that out and brought it.

Have fun, enjoy the class and be prepared for the world famous cookies!