Thread: This weeks class

This weeks class

Hello All,

I am really getting anxious. I am flying in on early Friday morning and flying out on Early Monday morning. I will be staying at the Best Western in Monroe. Anyone else staying at the Best Western? Anyone out there with any good suggestions on things to do or places to visit with a lot of time on Friday?

I look forward to meeting all of you soon.

Pat

Hey Classmate!!!

Yes my husband and I are planning to attend the November class as well but we are staying the
    1st two nights (16th and 17th) at the Best Western Cascadia in Everett and the 18th and 19th at Wallace Falls Lodge.
    We did the 1st two nights as we did to get one of those car+flight+hotel packages and Wallace Falls
    didn't have any openings till the 18th as the whole Lodge is booked for some event before then, so we will
    move out there on the 18th. I really wanted to stay there because it was built by a LHBA member. (log lodge)
    I wanted to stay one extra day in order to just see the area and get to know more folks.
    We fly out of SEA for home on the 20th.

I have been reading things here for several years but until now couldn't get husband interested.
    Finally he has agreed to come to the class. I sorta told him that was what I wanted for my birthday this year.........Ha!
    I'm looking forward to meeting you next month!

LHBA Member

Congrats, GrannyK! : )

Glad to hear you'll finally be getting to attend the seminar. Happy Birthday! : )

Sara

Upers My brother and I are

Upers

My brother and I are getting in Friday as well. I'll be getting in about 10:00 or so and he will be getting in around 4:00 (we hail from different states). Renting and car and staying at the Best Western as well. Don't know anything about the area so I'm not mush help there...

Upers wrote:Hello All, I am

Quote Originally Posted by Upers
    Hello All,

I am really getting anxious. I am flying in on early Friday morning and flying out on Early Monday morning. I will be staying at the Best Western in Monroe. Anyone else staying at the Best Western? Anyone out there with any good suggestions on things to do or places to visit with a lot of time on Friday?

I look forward to meeting all of you soon.

Pat
    Very wise plan Pat. I've recommended before, to stay at least until Monday, instead of flying out late Sunday. I saw quite a few people leave early on Sunday so they could catch their flights when I took my class. Not only do they miss out on what was taught after departing, but just the distraction of thinking about catching their flight hinders them of class concentration. It's much better not to have to worry yourself about anything but the class itself.

Anyhow, I too arrived early Friday morning when I went, and after getting settled in at the motel, I started driving around the local area. It's an incredible place to see for a flat-lander such as myself. (seeing all that rock up in the sky, better known as Mt. Rainer, is intimidating for someone who's never seen real mountains! :-D ) Eventually, I found myself heading towards the Cascades, with Mt. Index drawing most my attention to it. As I headed that way, out Rt. 2, I saw a waterfall off to the left as I came into Goldbar. I decided to see how close I could drive to it. I was pleased to find it was located in Wallace Falls State Park, and it could be hiked to, so that's what I did. I wasn't sure how far I'd get, as I wasn't really prepared for hiking, but I did manage to get to the top "Middle Falls", the largest, most picturesque falls, about 3 miles in, and a pretty significant elevation increase. (maybe 1000' above parking, but you go up and down a bit during the journey, so you probably climb close to half that again in the distance covered) Here's a pic I took from the top of the falls:

Anyhow, it's one option if you're the outdoorsy nature type.

10:00 AM on Friday

Andy,

Let me know if you want to meet on Friday and do something better than wait in an airport
    until your brother comes. My e-mail is patcrane5@gmail.com.

Rod,

Thanks for the reply. I will check out your plan and maybe even try to stop at the Wallace
    Falls Lodge (since it was boked for our weekend).

Pat

Lucky!

I just stumbled onto the website a week ago, so I in no way had enough time to plan a trip to Washington. I am very jealous. Well let me know how it is, hopefully one day I can make the trip!

Nick

Yes we are finally coming!

Thanks Sara,
    I figured we aren't getting any younger so we might as well
    come now. We have the money and time and I did sort of
    play a lil dirty trick asking for it for my birthday, but hey,
    a gal has to do what a gal has to do! :0)
    It will be so much more fun to come on here after the class
    when we can actually get into the members section and
    discuss plans together.