Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Federal No trespassing signs

LHBA Member
    Quote Originally Posted by loghousenut View Post
    A cassette is a box made out of Bakelite that has a ribbon made outa brown bread wrapper that has a bunch of microscopic transistors and resistors glued to it. You stick the whole shebang on a machine that somehow records and unrecords stuff as it passes the tape through a magic slot. I think it is kinda like what happens in a floppy disc except it is a lot floppier.

All this happens almost as quick as instantaneously... once the tubes warm up.

I don't know how they do it all nowadays, but the cassettes were a lot more slicker a setup than a record on a record player was.
    Sounds complicated. You old fogey's. Nowadays we just hit a button on the iPhone and it starts recording. Cassette sounds like stone age stuff to me.

Blog Entries
    Banjos are kinda stoneageish too, but I think the right banjo music might run a shiver through a trespasser.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

Blog Entries
    Why not some kind of sign that warns of your mining operation and a possible deadly lead and copper contamination to anyone entering your property without permission?

This also begs the question: How many of the younger crowd understands the significance of the Banjo music referred to.
    Last edited by edkemper; 10-10-2016 at 08:53 AM.
    edkemper

Class: Valentine's Day weekend 2009

Feel the Bern!

LHBA Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edkemper View Post
    This also begs the question: How many of the younger crowd understands the significance of the Banjo music referred to.
    Quite a few I would guess. Far more interwebz memes about Banjo music than cassette players.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowman View Post
    Quite a few I would guess. Far more interwebz memes about Banjo music than cassette players.
    That hurt. <Smile> The cassettes were long before that music. 8-track or the prior 4-track tapes, even fewer understand. For those of us with a few years, we might also remember back when a record player, in the car, was the first selectable music, when the AM radio was still an option. It was many years before even the Muncie (???) 4-track.
    edkemper

Class: Valentine's Day weekend 2009

Feel the Bern!

LHBA Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edkemper View Post
    That hurt. <Smile> The cassettes were long before that music. 8-track or the prior 4-track tapes, even fewer understand. For those of us with a few years, we might also remember back when a record player, in the car, was the first selectable music, when the AM radio was still an option. It was many years before even the Muncie (???) 4-track.
    I'm just kidding about the cassettes anyways. I was really the cd generation (I'm either on the very high end of the Millenial age group or a year over it, depending on who defines it). But because I was too cheap to buy cd's, I used to have a cassette ready in the right spot on the tape to record a song I liked when it came on the radio. When I heard the first notes I would dash over to the radio and hit play and record at the same time to catch the song so I could listen to it in my Walkman later on. This was about 5-7 years before Napster. And then my whole world changed...

LHBA Member
    Here are a couple of my signs. One is from the Log Home Builders Association.

Blog Entries
    This is the sign that ended up nailed to the pine tree out near our road, just after a visit from one of our LHBA friends. The wind blew it down and I better nailed it back up. It is still there and seems to do the job.

Last edited by loghousenut; 09-23-2017 at 08:31 AM.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

Jumping on the rattlesnake suggestion above.

Official looking sign: "Rattlesnake deliveries at south gate"

Handwritten sign: DON'T JUST DROP THEM HERE LIKE YOU DID LAST TIME!

Does the Log Home Builders Association still sell no trespassing signs?