Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal No trespassing signs

I'll buy that... Thanks for

I'll buy that...

Thanks for your response...

No Trespassing signs

Do these signs also apply to social services/child protection agencies? Also, I read that someone had printed them for sale. How do we buy one?

Thanks-

mousemommy

LHBA Member

Extent of the Law

It depends on the reason for the visit.
    Often, they come with a warrant in hand and law enforcment when it is serious.

Also, some governmental agents such as game wardens do not require warrants, so be aware of that.

-A

Census Bureau also exempt

I worked for the Census Bureau for Census 2000. We were told (with laws quoted, blah blah) that No Trespassing signs etc. were to be disregarded, as long as we felt safe doing so. (I.e. they didn't want us eaten by dogs or shot, law or not.) One neat thing about the Census though, is that NO ONE can get individual info from them. The IRS tried to get info on someone from the Census Bureau once, and the Supreme Court told em to get bent.

grrrrrr

...and observe how our Constitutional Rights get trampled. Little by little they wittle away at these rights. If they took them away all at once the sheeple would object. But if they slowly dissect things a little a time they accomplish their goal while the sheeple watch american idol.

Guard dogs are great deterrants and I have a few signs that say "Trespassers Shot". AND I almost always open carry my pistol. The presence of a weapon is in itself quite powerful. Showing your weapon (in a non-threatening fashion) and sternly telling someone to get off your property works quite well. In my eyes, The Constitution is the Supreme Law of the Land and I try to stand up and exercise those rights.

Another good sign is "Beware, large animal traps set on property".

and "Beware, Guard Dogs on Property"

and "Caution, Shooting Range Area"

and "Beware, Demolition Site"

can anyone think of any others? :)

KOla

The "right" to not be represented?

Just to plug the benign nature of the Census and its importance to the Constitutional process...

Constitution of the United States, Article 1, Section 2: "The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct."

Census numbers are used to determine how many Representatives the States have in the House of Representatives, and the number of Electoral votes in the Electoral College. Not being counted undermines one's own Constitutional power to affect change in government. So, at the very least, it is in every citizen's interest to be counted.

As for the demographic data collected, it is provided to local governments for planning purposes, so they can provide services like schools, hospitals, road and infrastructure, police and fire protection, etc. Now, how effectively one's local municipality uses that information might be suspect. But citizens have even greater power on a local level to hold those in power responsible for their performance in office.

So... Should we consider it a Constitutional "right" NOT to be counted? Perhaps. Of course, one can also exercise their right to have no affect on their government by simply not voting. So while I certainly appreciate everyone's right to privacy, I encourage everyone to be cooperative with the Census Bureau. They really are doing a good thing, AND a good thing mandated by the US Constitution.

/soapbox off

Another?

Quote Originally Posted by Kola
    can anyone think of any others?
    WARNING!
    U.S. Government missle test range
    KEEP OUT

bomb away

LMAO! good one Rod!
    Kola

I am a number

Klapton, I have no trouble with being counted. Big Gov knows who I am and where I am. They took care of that with SSN and other bureaucratic nonsense. But I do have probs with them coming on my property to ask about it...and I have serious issues when they want me to give them oodles and gobs of my personal information.

cocked and locked,
    Kola :)

Unexploded Ordinance!

Quote Originally Posted by rreidnauer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kola
    can anyone think of any others?
    WARNING!
    U.S. Government missle test range
    KEEP OUT
    Unexploded Ordinance would be good too, lol.