Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal No trespassing signs

living in Portland, OR & building in Ashford, WA

DiHydrogen Monoxide

"Danger!!! Do Not Enter!!! Area Subject to Extremely High Levels of DiHydrogen Monoxide!!!"

Yes! This is my absolute favorite so far. ;)

2 cents

Danger!

Danger! Fat, tele-commuting computer nerd walking around in his boxers!

warning signs

Quote Originally Posted by Kola
    ...and observe how our Constitutional Rights get trampled. Little by little they wittle away at these rights. If they took them away all at once the sheeple would object. But if they slowly dissect things a little a time they accomplish their goal while the sheeple watch american idol.

Guard dogs are great deterrants and I have a few signs that say "Trespassers Shot". AND I almost always open carry my pistol. The presence of a weapon is in itself quite powerful. Showing your weapon (in a non-threatening fashion) and sternly telling someone to get off your property works quite well. In my eyes, The Constitution is the Supreme Law of the Land and I try to stand up and exercise those rights.

Another good sign is "Beware, large animal traps set on property".

and "Beware, Guard Dogs on Property"

and "Caution, Shooting Range Area"

and "Beware, Demolition Site"

can anyone think of any others? :)

KOla
    How about " lunatic with chainsaw on property" That was my brothers idea, I guess the deranged look I get when I fire that sucker up makes him nervous.

We had a situation this

We had a situation this weekend where we had to call the Sherrif Deputy in just to file a report. We have an easement that quads think they can use to access DNR land, but we've made it very clear they are not to use our easment. They came up the drive Saturday and I went out to confront them. It was a family (Dad, Mom, teenage-son) from just about 3 blocks down the paved road. The father made an idle threat about making our lives hell if we didn't allow them to use our easement. As soon as I called the Sherrif he ran off on his quad into the woods, leaving his wife and son behind (yeah, classy guy), so I'm guessing they know him. Needless to say, we'll never be out there again without our Remington loaded and within reach at all times.

Our other neighbors said he's stupid enough to try something (theft, vandalism, etc.). Just awesome.

My brother in-law suggested the following:

ATTN: Private Property. Idle threats will be met with force by an A.D.D. induced paranoid rage brought on by too many years of playing video games, anti-social behavior and sever lack of interpersonal contact. Basically, I view you as a moving target (unless of course you are not moving, and then I just look at you as easy pickings).

Not that any of that is true in my case, but there's so many that it is, so you never know who that might be.

The neighbor's and I have been getting an ever growing population of increasingly brazen hunters coming up onto our land recently. They just pull up, park on our property, and start trudging around like they own the place. Their excuse? "Well, the state game lands are right over that way."

. . . . . . . . yea, across the private land you drove across, parked on, and another 1/4 mile you still have to hike, to get to . . . . . . .

Then they get all bent when you chase them off. Seriously? What is the mindset of people today? So I had made and put up a rather official looking sign that will hopefully deter some of this problem. I also noticed an uptick in vehicles driving right past my No Trespassing signs at the edge of my property. (I have numerous game cameras placed throughout my property) I guess I need to finally hang gates on the posts I put in several years ago.

All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box

some nerve!

Blog Entries
    In my state of Oregon, it's illegal to hunt on private property without written permission in possession. It is also a very gun friendly state, an open carry state. We also have great rural cops. People who we tend to help. In rural areas, not everyone is well versed in the printed law but they tend to understand right and wrong. Keep in mind, we have only about 6-8 neighbors in a few mile radius. We are on a private easement (not a city/county/state road) which has one way in and one way out. No public access to any public property or facilities. The smallest property owner in the area has at least 40 acres and we are 4o miles out of the city.

We are the local LEO and they end up being report takers. We don't have the same political pressures as they do. They have to please political leaders. We don't.
    edkemper

Class: Valentine's Day weekend 2009

Feel the Bern!

I had a problem with ppl poaching on my land once. I had no hunting signs everywhere and they didn't even slow down. One morning I saw two guys on 4 wheelers go through my gate with the sign on it and park at the edge of the field and walk into the woods . This was opening morning of gun season and they didn't bother to look my way. I gave them about 15 minutes to get deep into the woods and I got my 30.06 and shot a hole through the motor of what looked like a pretty new Honda rancher. When they came out of the woods they weren't happy and argued for a short time. I gave them time to get out a tow strap and use one atv to tow the other one. They never came back.. lol

Now see. That's how ya handle things. :-D
    All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box

LHBA Member
    I like that solution. Allegedly. I would never put it in writing, though.

;-)