Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Federal No trespassing signs

In his defense, he did mistaken it for a charging bear, so it was totally OK. 😉
    All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box

LHBA Member
    I told the wife I was going to put up a sign stating that "This land has been certified to contain an extremely high concentration of Rattlesnakes and Copperheads. Access is restricted to authorized personnel only." But she felt I might be laying out a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I still think it was a good idea. Fortunately (insert woodknocking sound here), we have had no issues with theft or strangers on our property. Or snakes for that matter. We have only seen one so far, and it was just some variety of the black snake.

Quote Originally Posted by rreidnauer View Post
    In his defense, he did mistaken it for a charging bear, so it was totally OK.
    I invited them to call the sheriff. Coming on to my posted private property with a firearm is a felony. As far as I'm concerned I was just target practicing. They knew they weren't supposed to be there.

Would have been a better story if they had somehow parked over top of 3-4 pounds of Tannerite
    www.WileyLogHomes.com
    "Hand Crafted Traditions"

Quote Originally Posted by rckclmbr428 View Post
    Would have been a better story if they had somehow parked over top of 3-4 pounds of Tannerite
    This was in 2008, I didn't know about tannerite back then. Lol

How 'bout a sign that states, "The sounds of banjos have been heard in these woods"
    All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rreidnauer View Post
    How 'bout a sign that states, "The sounds of banjos have been heard in these woods"
    It can happen! When Jake (Son) was about 7 years old, we found him an Australian Sheppard pup for his very own. We had to train the pup to stay away from the paved road and still be an outside mostly dog. I helped Jake run 100 yards (900 microkilometers) of hot wire through the woods but then there was that big open hole that we call a driveway.

I gave him a motion sensor light setup with a 2 prong 110v adapter and I bootlegged power over to the tree that we didn't want the dog to pass. Jake set up the motion sensor to play his boombox for 15 seconds every time the motion sensor was tripped. Then he filled a cassette (a cassette is like a thumb drive but it is more mechanical) with sounds of him catching the pup doing something wrong. He yelled "hey you!' and clapped his hands, and whistled, and real slow and mean like said stuff like "you git home NOW!". He had a blast recording both sides of the cassette and then we watched her closely the first few times she tried to sneak out the driveway. Worked like a charm.

It worked so good that the neighbor kid was scared scootless one time. I was doing dishes and looking straight out the driveway. The neighbor kid (15 years old or so) was running up and down the road on his dirt bike. Suddenly he coasted in our driveway (something he'd never done before) and stopped dead. He looked around and I was thinking he was looking for something to steal. Suddenly he fired up and made for home.

Next day his Dad saw me on the road and flagged me down. He wanted to make sure that we weren't mad at son, Taylor, for coming in our driveway looking for his sister's horse. He said someone was hiding and yelling at him to "git home right NOW!". I told him what was up and said Taylor was welcome any time. Never saw him again on the place.

Banjos coming from several places in the woods would work.
    Last edited by loghousenut; 10-06-2016 at 09:02 AM.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

LHBA Member
    Quote Originally Posted by loghousenut View Post
    It can happen! When Jake (Son) was about 7 years old, we found him an Australian Sheppard pup for his very own. We had to train the pup to stay away from the paved road and still be an outside mostly dog. I helped Jake run 100 yards (900 microkilometers) of hot wire through the woods but then there was that big open hole that we call a driveway.

I gave him a motion sensor light setup with a 2 prong 110v adapter and I bootlegged power over to the tree that we didn't want the dog to pass. Jake set up the motion sensor to play his boombox for 15 seconds every time the motion sensor was tripped. Then he filled a cassette (a cassette is like a thumb drive but it is more mechanical) with sounds of him catching the pup doing something wrong. He yelled "hey you!' and clapped his hands, and whistled, and real slow and mean like said stuff like "you git home NOW!". He had a blast recording both sides of the cassette and then we watched her closely the first few times she tried to sneak out the driveway. Worked like a charm.

It worked so good that the neighbor kid was scared scootless one time. I was doing dishes and looking straight out the driveway. The neighbor kid (15 years old or so) was running up and down the road on his dirt bike. Suddenly he coasted in our driveway (something he'd never done before) and stopped dead. He looked around and I was thinking he was looking for something to steal. Suddenly he fired up and made for home.

Next day his Dad saw me on the road and flagged me down. He wanted to make sure that we weren't mad at son, Taylor, for coming in our driveway looking for his sister's horse. He said someone was hiding and yelling at him to "git home right NOW!". I told him what was up and said Taylor was welcome any time. Never saw him again on the place.

Banjos coming from several places in the woods would work.
    Can you explain how this cassette thing works for us young'uns?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowman View Post
    Can you explain how this cassette thing works for us young'uns?
    That depends.
    Metric cassettes or standard cassettes?
    They use different players and playback speeds, and the metric ones require you to use a voltage converter to 220v.
    I think LHN has a few of them laying around mixed in with his 8-track collection.

Blog Entries
    A cassette is a box made out of Bakelite that has a ribbon made outa brown bread wrapper that has a bunch of microscopic transistors and resistors glued to it. You stick the whole shebang on a machine that somehow records and unrecords stuff as it passes the tape through a magic slot. I think it is kinda like what happens in a floppy disc except it is a lot floppier.

All this happens almost as quick as instantaneously... once the tubes warm up.

I don't know how they do it all nowadays, but the cassettes were a lot more slicker a setup than a record on a record player was.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.