Thread: Introduce yourself

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Introduce yourself

Hi everyone,

My name is Woody Orr and I attended the class in November 2004. My wife, Robbi, and I currently live in Houston, TX. About 2 weeks ago we closed on a 4 acre parcel of land on the Columbia River Gorge near Stevenson, Washington. Our house in Texas is now up for sale and we plan to move to Washington by early spring. Our plans for a 2300 sq ft log home are currently with Rock Engineering and we plan to start construction as soon as we sell our house here. I have begun my collection of log building tools and have already assembled 6 sets of blocks and tackle using the info contained in the previous issue of the log homebuilders newsletter. We have a Northern Tools store in town and I cleaned them out of their supply of 24 large 5" snatch blocks. Got them for 18 bucks each!

These newsletters have some great information and resources. As a new member to this forum, I noticed back issues are available. I'm going there as soon as I finish this post.

We would really like to hear from anyone in the Gorge area.

Visiting with the folks in the Skamania County Planning office, the Health Department, and the Permits office was such a pleasant experience. We can't wait to get up there.

Trading in the blistering heat of Houston for the cool/cold of Home Valley, Washington!

(The following was added January 2016):

Our home has been finished for several years now and the website below is a pictorial of our building project. We were proud to be awarded with the "Exceptional Log Home" certificate in November 2010.

http://www.angelfire.com/planet/woodman/
    Last edited by Woodman; 01-26-2016 at 03:09 PM.