Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Good books?

Good books?

A must have book is:
    The Everyday Gourmet

Deals with making storage foods palatable.

Available through Stan & Holly Deyo.
    You'll need to do a search to find them.

-Rick

Good books?

This is the man :D :!: He has the most comprehensive, system of teaching and shares the simpliest methods of getting out of debt, of living debt free and of obtaining finacial wealth and peace!!
    I have read all the other books and his method and passion is far superior!!
    If you want to live debt free, if you want to change your life!
    It is 100% guarenteed, you will start dumping debt, start saving and start accumlating wealth, immediately!!!!!!!!!
    Daveramsey.com
    daveramsey.com
    daveramsey.com
    daveramsey.com
    He has changed my life! My family's lives! My childrens lives 8, 4 & 13mths AND HE WILL CHANGE YOUR lives!! REALLY!!
    Share it with your children and everyone you know!!!
    WHY? Because you can make a difference, wipe debt out of america!!!
    GET MAD!!! Debt is not welcome in my home! We are givers, not lenders! We are free, not slaves! We are happy, not worried! We are the living and we can laugh in the face of storms! Because we are prepared for battle!

:twisted: Public enemy #1 DEBT :twisted:

8) Finaical Peace by dave ramsey 8)

GET IT, live it and breathe again, live life, outrageously. . . .debt free!!!!!!

Good books

One of my favorites is Howard Zinn's "Peoples History of the United States". It is said that history is written by the winners. This is the rest of the story.

Good books?

So this thread has been quiet for a while, but I just found it - much to my demise :shock: - I now have an exponentially mushroomed reading list!

I posted this in the member's forum, but thought I'd also copy/paste it here since it seemed to fit well in this virtual library.

I just picked up this awesome book called Deep Survival: Who Lives, Who Dies, and Why by Laurence Gonzales. It focuses on how people react in extreme / disaster / survival situations, but the information is useful for any stressful or intense circumstance. It really digs into how the brain works, the psychology of survival, the reasons even intelligent people and "experts" some times make stupid decisions that lead to grave consequences, the characteristics common to those who survive extreme scenarios, etc.

It is actually teaching me a ton; giving me new ideas on how to think about safety in any situation - whether I'm building or camping or 4 wheeling or whatever. I highly recommend it ??? especially if you like to pursue risky recreation (skiing, snowboarding, mountain biking, Log Home building anything). I can also see how it would be invaluable information for any self-reliant individual.

Good books?

I just got "Dare to Prepare" by Stan and Holly Deyo. It has a wealth of information for a great many aspects of our lives. I've been referring to it almost daily because of the knowledge it imparts.

Re: Books about freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Logbear
    Here's a book that is free on line. It's also usually available in paperback.
    http://www.mcwilliams.com/books/books/aint/
    Ive been reading online book, found it hard to walk away from computer

Good books?

Since most of us are trying to live as cheaply as possible while building(and beyond)... why not get the best deals on your books? If the library doesn't have it or can't/won't get it, try this site for comparisons on new and used booksellers:

www.bestbookbuys.com

Good books?

Another great book is 'Pocket Ref' by Thomas J. Glover. This book is full of facts, formulas, charts, tables, etc. on just about anything you can imagine. I actually take it with me while travelling some times, its small enough to carry around, and I don't get tired of reading it very quickly. :D

Glover has authored and co-authored several other reference books that look interesting as well.

LHBA Member

Good books?

Here's a good reference:
    Haggai 1:8 (New International Version) - Go up into the mountains and bring down timber and build the house, so that I may take pleasure in it and be honored," says the LORD

Good books?

This is a dangerous thread for me because I'm completely addicted to books. Here are some good ones:

Cabins: A Guide to Building Your Own Nature Retreat by David and Jeanie Stiles.
    It made cabin building seem very accessible to me (I have no construction experience at all). They briefly cover a wide variety of topics, including different styles of cabin-building, simple cabin designs, building own log furniture, and???my favorite???building your own windows. And more. Not in-depth, but a great place for ideas.

The Cabin by David Mulfinger and Susan E. Davis.
    Photos and descriptions of cabins