Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to get into the member's section (UPDATED)

How to get into the member's section (UPDATED)

If you are a member of The Log Home Builder's Association of North America (meaning you have taken one of our classes) you can get into the member's area just by asking.

Just follow the instructions at <a href="/members-forum-access">http://www.loghomebuilders.org/members-forum-access</a>

I wondered why I'd been "downgraded" from "Certified Log Home Builder" to a mere "new member".

:cry:

Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Reb
    I wondered why I'd been "downgraded" from "Certified Log Home Builder" to a mere "new member".

:cry:
    :shock:
    Umm... What's wrong w/ us mere new members?

Hmmm :?:

Re: Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by GrafikFeat
    :shock:
    Umm... What's wrong w/ us mere new members?

Hmmm :?:
    Nothing. :wink:

But you're not a "new member" anymore. Now you're a "Member". Look at your signature. 8)

Re: How to get into the member's section (UPDATED)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    We had originally intended the members to get a special note on their account that said "Certified Log Home Builder" under their name when they posted, but that proved to be technically too difficult to manage.
    So you guys can build a home out of a coupla trees but you can't figure out phpBB?

(Note to self: don't take advice from roughnecks when concerning matters about the internet.)

Hey Steve, I just found this site and have read almost every page of the website (not the forums yet :) ) I know the member section is for those who have taken the class but could you set up a way for those of us who are waiting to take the class a way to read the member section (and not be able to post)?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolo-Steve
    Hey Steve, I just found this site and have read almost every page of the website (not the forums yet :) ) I know the member section is for those who have taken the class but could you set up a way for those of us who are waiting to take the class a way to read the member section (and not be able to post)?
    Heya Steve, welcome to the forums and the Association. ;)

Technologically speaking, there probably is a way to set that up. However, that would not account for the amount of administration time that would be required (keeping track of who gets what access level). We're a very small association and everyone here wears 20-30 hats on the good days. ;)

So please have patience. I know it's hard, but it will be worth it in the end. ;)

Steve

Professional Engineer RockEngineer's Avatar

Now if we could convince some other "Professional Engineers" who like to work with log homes to take the class I wouldn't feel so lonely being the only one with my title in the forum. Oh well I guess that makes me "Special". :lol: :lol:

Steve,

Any chance of offering an online seminar? :)

There has been a new wave of online education covering GED's to masters degrees.. I can even do my CE (continuing education) classes online.

..food fer' thought.

Kolaman

At this point we have no plans for an online class. I realize that it would be more "econmically efficient" for many people, but the technology simply isn't there to get the feeling for how things need to be done.... maybe in another 5 or 10 years. ;)

This coming from a guy with a software development background....

-Steve