Thread: Solviva passive solar design

Solviva passive solar design

Has anyone ever heard of the Solviva method of passive solar design? I've known about this for more than a year, and the methodology looks very intriguing. However, I haven't found anyone who's actually put these practices into action, except for the author herself. Does anyone have any ideas about this?

www.solviva.com

Solviva passive solar design

I too am VERY interested in these types of designs. My goal is to have our house completely off the grid and self sufficent. :D

I look forward to reading more on this post. I'm sorry I have nothing to contribute at the moment about this particular subject. :(

solar

I don???t know about the Solviva method. But this site has solar system's that are completely off grid, for about $8000 to $10,000 that will run almost everything that a normal house can throw at it. Frig, freezer, AC???s, (Small) well pump, furnace (without air blower fans), dryer (gas), ext???. Thay also have wind systems that can be added to the solar system. The company might be willing to travel to do an install. I am buying one of these systems in the next two or three week. It was going to cost me over $8000 just to get the grid power to my house. So, I am going to build a shed and set it up as a temp system, so I will have a power source for the build. Then move the system into a small power closet in the house. A 4'X4' closet will work. The system will fit on a 4'x4' plywood board and the batteries take up about 4'x4' of floor space. Check out the site. http//www.middlebury.net/cvsolar/

wink