Thread: Snow?

Snow?

Have to ask Steve and Ellsworth........Just saw a news clip about the weather that's going on back there - after we'd been told in November that area hardly ever gets snow. How much have you guys gotten?

Gloria in RI

Administrator

Snow?

Hi Gloria,

Thus far we have a really light light dusting, not much at all, just enough to make a fellow want more :D

We usually don't get snow, maybe 1 or 2 times per winter. Typically it will only be an inch or so, and only lasts for a day or two -- at least near Monroe and Seattle, up north around Bellingham they often get a lot more.

Dang it all, I want a white Christmas some year lol

LHBA Member

snow

We got 10 inches and its still snowing on and off. A little snow like this is ok, just not all the time.

Re: snow

Well, we're in for a big storm today and tomorrow. Blizzard warnings have been issued. We're expecting anywhere from 12" to 30" before it's done tomorrow night. It started snowing heavily a few hours earlier than they expected today so I imagine, for once, the forecasters are right.

Fortunately, we like the snow. Today is a good day to just hunker down here at home and work on our log cabin design.

Gloria - on the southern coast of RI

LHBA Member

Snow

I have a picture taken Jan 21st of my house with snow. We live at an elevation of 320' about 40 miles north of Seattle. The snow stayed for about a week. Now it's all gone.

To see the picture: http://community.webshots.com/photo/256437278/256438743dAkkvI

My member name at webshots is Logbear. I just made an album there and I will put more pictures in as time goes on.

Re: Snow

Nice picture and nice looking cabin! We'll be so happy when we can finally start on ours but we're still in the very beginning stages. Haven't even found land yet.

The forecasters were right for a change. We truly are having a blizzard! It's 6:20 a.m. on the 23rd, the wind is howling (probably near hurricane force like they predicted) and the snow is still coming down in buckets. Can't get the front door open easily and the wheels on my car are 3/4 buried. Looking forward to daylight to see what's really going on. :)

Gloria in RI

LHBA Member

Snow?

Wow, Logbear, LOVELY!!! :D

And just when my curiosity was peaked about your house! Great timing! :wink:

Sara in California

LHBA Member

Snow?

Well, I am trapped in Pittsburgh PA from this storm, hopefully get home today!! Was supposed to have been home yesterday at 9AM!!!!

Gotta love winter!!

LHBA Member

Snow?

Good luck and travel safely!

Sara

LHBA Member

Snow?

gotta love wireless Internet, at least I can stay occupied.. LOL