Page 5 of 304 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself

LHBA Member

Introduce yourself

Nancy and I drove back from the seminar last night. Normally, our drive's together go something like this-- I drive, she sleeps. We left the ranch at about 9:00 and arrived back home (Portland, Or) at 12:00. Though she did nap for about a half hour, the rest of the time was spent talking about possibilities. Building a log home has always been my dream. Now, I believe it is her's also-- Thank you Ellsworth and Steve!!!!!!

We bought 20acres last year near Sandpoint, Idaho (Get in touch with us Green Bay!) and plan on to start in the Summer of 2006. We would both be interested in attending a building party--I will work for beer.

Roy

intro

Hi, my Name is Mark. I was shopping on-line for a cabin for my lot in central Oregon when I found Skips' site. I got so hooked on it I attended the class in Nov. 04. I was the old geezer up front. I thoroughly enjoyed it to the point that I want to build log houses and come out of retirement at 68 years old. Steve and Elsworth were too good. And now I have to go back to work. I hope to start building in May and am gathering materials and tools. This really exciting!!! :D Great idea these forums....Mark

Introduce yourself

Hi, my name is Dave and I attended Skip’s class in Nov ’03. I was searching the web for different log construction styles so that I could build a log shop out of a bunch of logs that I had lying around when I found Skip’s class. My original plan was to build my shop from raw logs but buy a kit for my house. After Skip’s class, I intend to build both the shop and house. I have the walls and RPSS up on the shop and have started planning for the house.

LHBA Member

Introducing myself

I'm Jim Dunn. I live in the area between Marysville and Granite Falls in Washington State. I took the class in 1982 when the class was held east of Redmond. My wife took the class around 1986. Then we bought 5 acres, built our log house together, and then got married in it. We now have 2 sons, ages 10 and 12.

LHBA Member

Introduce yourself

Hello,

I am Joe Sanfilippo and I attended the Jan. 15-16th 2005 course. We are going to get the plans started ASAP and possibly put in the supports this summer, and hopefully get our logs this Winter and build in the spring of 2006.

I live in Western NY in Jamestown.

Introduce yourself

Hi everyone,

It's great to see the forum is up and going. Email me if you need free labor in the Seattle area.

-Jason

Introduce yourself

Hello everyone,
    Neat site! I am interested in sharing ideas on hand made and bandsawn log homes. I am located in Alabama, near Jasper. I recently sold my log cabin which I built from scratch a couple of years ago and am now planning a new one. I look forward to building it and will gladly share my experiences. :)
    Thanks,
    Hugh

LHBA Member

Introduce yourself

Glad to see you here Hugh. I'm just a few miles from you in Cullman. I'm currently looking for someone who can supply some logs if you have any suggestions. Mark

Introduce yourself

What kind of logs do you want? I am thinking about building mine from sawn 4x6 or 4x8 poplar. It is hard to come up with enough of the right size logs to make a cabin.
    Hugh

Introduce yourself

Howdy,
    My wife, Christy and I took Skip's class in March of 2003. We can't wait to get started building our log home! We have been gathering our tools for several years now. We are going to build (somewhere) when Christy is finished with graduate school.

We are interested in the modern homesteading movement and practice debt-free living.