Page 4 of 304 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself

my name is marvin,attended june'04,currently waiting for my logs to be delivered.

LHBA Member

Introduce yourself

Congratulations, Marvin! How exciting!!!!! :D

Work safely!

Sara :D

Re: Hello all!

Quote Originally Posted by woodrh
    I'm Rich Wood from Southlake, Texas. My wife Joy & I took the course in October, 04. We are making an offer on 10 acres today west of Fort Worth...hope it goes through as I'm ready to get started...been collecting tools, we have a great flea market here in my area and have been able to pick up lots of stuff, but logging tools are hard to come by...any body finding the "log carriers" anywhere? Also, log dogs are not easy to locate either...I guess I could bend & pound out some rebar...Thanks for putting this together guys!
    Well, they accepted our offer on the 10 acres...so we'll be starting one here in Texas...as soon as we can find some logs....

Introduce yourself

Hello my name is Shawn McDonie and I am in Ohio

I am planning on attending the seminar sometime soon (hopefully this year) And begining my journey in 2006 or 2007. Right now I am saving my money, and doing all the required homework to make sure I make the right decisions.

I grew up in Ironton Ohio in a very rural setting, and ever since I left about 12 years ago have been dreaming of returning to that kind of life. Me and my wife of 8 years are really excited at the possiblity of owning our dream home and gettting started.

We're here too!

Hello, Daryl and Caryn here. Spring 2004 Grads.
    We'll be building in Sandpoint Idaho if there are any others out there near the area. We'll be willing to help out with others when we can.
    Currently, we are in Green Bay, but have our land, and most of the tools.

HOWDY!!!

Howdy to all the Log Home building Folks out there!!!

Jim Webb here, class of January 2004. I am from Fort Worth, Texas and now live in Flagstaff, Arizona. Like many of you, I am in the process of buying tools and looking for land. I know of two other members in Arizona. If there are any other members in this neck of the woods drop me line. We can talk shop and try to get a work crew together. Thanks to the forum staff. Your forums are crafted like a well built log home. By the way is there anyway that we could have an online monthly meeting for those who cannot make it to Washington?

Keep all of the good info coming!!!
    Your Friend,
    Jim Webb

introducing myself

Hi Al! claire from Nj here. Took the class with you. What a great post! Especially the part about losing convention along the way.... We are in it. Hope to get the logs late February or March, then it's peel peel peel. They are paid for and sitting in New Hampshire. Need to save up $ again to start the next process, maybe by late July. Got held up this summer while our permits were reviewed by the Highlands Preservation Act so we only got the wet works done (well, septic, and basement). But we are living in the old cabin which will adjoin the new part. Hope to hear from you sometime.

LHBA Member

Hello

Hi all, Kyle from PA here. Took the class in March 2004 and have to say it was one of the best things I've ever done. I'd like to thank Steve, Ellsworth and everyone else at the association for making this forum possible. I think its a great idea.

Presently I have an agreement on 5 acres at the top of the mountains in Western PA pending the property percs come spring time. If all goes well i will begin construction no later than mid summer. I've been moving along with the collection of tools and have several options that i'm considering for my logs. My biggest dilemna at this time is whether or not i want a full walk out basement (property is sloped) which is highly desired in the northest US or a piered crawlspace.

If any one else from PA is on here i'd like to here from you.

Kyle

LHBA Member

The midwest

I attended Skip's class several years ago, no I did not build yet, but I have my land and I spend lots of weekends there. I will most likely start to build in the next year. Is there anyone else around the midwest?

My land is in the Ozarks, south of Rolla, as far as I am concerned a really great area to hang out in.

Mike

Introduce yourself

Hey Clubmike, I'm down here in North Texas and struggling to find decent logs...have you found what you need?