Page 271 of 304 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 3039

Thread: Introduce yourself

My name is Alex, and I've dreamed and dreamed and dreamed of building a small log cabin for a good 24 hours now.

Backstory: I'm in my 30s, single, and living in Charleston, S.C. It's my hometown, and where my family is (or was) based. Unfortunately, my sister is moving to Boston, my parents are moving to Pawley's Island, and I'm suddenly considering a move to Colorado. Would I rather buy some old, cramped place in the city -- or buy a few acres outside of town and build the coolest, coziest log cabin of all time?

The latter option intrigues me.

So, I'm here to learn whatever I can about materials, design, etc.

Hi.

LHBA Member
    Welcome, Alex. Read what you find interesting here, take a look at the student homes, and ask questions.

Peter

welcome Alex!

Blog Entries
    That "building a cute little cabin in Colorado" thing has been done to death, Alex. Just take the class and go to Colorado and live in an apartment in town someplace.

That ought to do the trick just fine.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ALM1983 View Post
    My name is Alex, and I've dreamed and dreamed and dreamed of building a small log cabin for a good 24 hours now.

Backstory: I'm in my 30s, single, and living in Charleston, S.C. It's my hometown, and where my family is (or was) based. Unfortunately, my sister is moving to Boston, my parents are moving to Pawley's Island, and I'm suddenly considering a move to Colorado. Would I rather buy some old, cramped place in the city -- or buy a few acres outside of town and build the coolest, coziest log cabin of all time?

The latter option intrigues me.

So, I'm here to learn whatever I can about materials, design, etc.

Hi.
    My pastor relocated from Charleston, S.C. to my obscure little county seat town in SW MO. Cheap land here. Pine is within an hour driving distance. Cost of living is decent, and depending where ya buy, there are larger cities within a short commute. Definitely cheaper than Colorado, though.

Keep dreaming, take a step, you'll be coming (in?)famous like LHN (LogHouseNut)
    Build Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/EAJWU
    More Build Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/ca7qYAd

"In my Father's house are many rooms: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you." --Jesus of Nazerath

Hi All! My wife and I are living near Roanoke, VA. We've recently relocated from Texas as a result of my military retirement. I sent Mandy to the last class in 2016, so she bears all the log building knowledge. I'm excited about plugging in with you guys to see if we can actually do this thing. I'd love to get out to some build sites if there any going on around us or in NC! We look forward to engaging!
    Thanks,
    Rob and Mandy

LHBA Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loggity Dog View Post
    Hi All! My wife and I are living near Roanoke, VA. We've recently relocated from Texas as a result of my military retirement. I sent Mandy to the last class in 2016, so she bears all the log building knowledge. I'm excited about plugging in with you guys to see if we can actually do this thing. I'd love to get out to some build sites if there any going on around us or in NC! We look forward to engaging!
    Thanks,
    Rob and Mandy
    There are several going on in that area. I know the resident expert has his he's building somewhere in that general area, mine is a few short hours down in NC just north of Charlotte. There is another member somewhere between charlotte and Roanoke that is somewhere in the process as well. Not sure where exactly, I haven't touched base with him in a few months. I'm doing framing right now. Logs are up and most of the roof decking is on. You are always welcome to stop by for as long or short a time as you want.

Arrowman,
    Thanks for the invite! Its about three hours for us and we will surely drop by at some point. We've always got to worry about our three dogs and the two-year-old in tow! But other than that, we'd really like to come by and see what you're up to! Hope to hear from the folks between us and you as well.
    Thanks again.
    Rob

Hello everyone,

I am writing today from Cold Springs, Ontario, Canada. My wife and I have are currently searching for a building site, but have access to a large family woodlot filled with mature oak, maple, poplar, white pine and red pine.

We would eventually like to build a small log home or a timberframe home. I have recently purchased and refurbished an older bandsaw mill, and I am slowing acquiring the necessary tools and knowledge.

I am interested in taking some courses in both types of building, and am in general very interested in natural building.

Thanks, and I look forward to speaking with and learning from everyone!

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Welcome, new people- wishing you all the best in your journey- I took the class in Feb. 2016, so coming up on a year. I've almost got all my logs, will probably start stacking in a month. #3 best thing I've ever done!
    --
    "cutting trees is more important than thinking about cutting trees or planning to cut trees." ~ F. David Stanley

videos: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/mudflap/
    polished blog: https://loghomejourney.wordpress.com
    not-so-polished-but-updated-frequently blog: https://mudbox.freedombox.rocks/ikiw...fromtheMudbox/
    diaspora: https://diaspora.psyco.fr/people/613...39001e67d879df