Page 231 of 304 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 3039

Thread: Introduce yourself

Hello All, My name is Dick and I just joined and signed up for the June 2015 class in Las Vegas. I live and work in Wyoming and have a property in the NW part of state. I'm looking forward to taking the class and learning the process. Since I joined last week I've dug in looking at as much as I can about the Skip Elsworth method and really like what I see about all that is taught. It seems to open a whole new world of log cabin/home building. It's nice to know there's another way that appears to be simpler, less expensive and more authentic than kits or high dollar and lengthy hands on schools. And doesn't settle, I'm really interested in understanding how that works with the gaps, even with the steel re-bar pin connections. Anyway I'm definitely interested and open minded about how this works after looking at a few former students projects. Take care!

Blog Entries
    Dick, you are smack in the middle of log home country. Glad to have you aboard.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

welcome Dick!
    glad you found us

Hey everyone. New to the forum, and this is my first post. My name is Nathan, I am 35. I live in Allegan, Michigan. My wife Christina and I just purchased 57 acres in Michigan's Upper Peninsula in Rapid River. We will eventually be taking the class however, are not ready yet to take that jump. We have quite a bit of land prep we need to take care of first. Looking forward to the journey.

Quote Originally Posted by anarchyhunter80 View Post
    Hey everyone. New to the forum, and this is my first post. My name is Nathan, I am 35. I live in Allegan, Michigan. My wife Christina and I just purchased 57 acres in Michigan's Upper Peninsula in Rapid River. We will eventually be taking the class however, are not ready yet to take that jump. We have quite a bit of land prep we need to take care of first. Looking forward to the journey.
    Oh no. Another Canuck who's gonna tell us how wonderful cold and snow is.

Just kidding y'all. You will have some neighbors from this forum. You should take the class asap. Really, much of the intent of the class is to prepare you to build, as it is to show you how to build. I didn't turn a shovel of dirt until three years after taking the class, and didn't begin building the house for another five. I was preparing, financially and logistically by what I learned in class.
    All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box

Hello from Alberta Canada, took the course in Feb. 2015, will start building in 2016 I hope. Still trying to get on the member forums.

Blog Entries
    You know, the inspector won't issue a Certificate of Occupancy unless you can prove you were on the members side of the forum. Best not cut any corners.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

LHBA Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prissy Pink View Post
    Here's the second picture. The guys got all 4 of the first row set yesterday. Today they have set 2 of the next course. They're telling me this is harder. Not sure why.

Background iformation. We are in Cottontown Tn just north of Nashville. We went to the class in March. We're on the top of a big hill on 13 acres. We love it. We're actually living in a camper just next to the build site.

We bought the 40 x 40 house plan with a basement. We are finishing the basement for my in laws to live in. Counting the basement it will have 3 levels.

We have rented a Tele handler for one month. We're hoping to be able to take it back early. Today is the 2nd day of stacking logs. There will be approximately 11 courses.

The logs are poplar. They average about 16 inches in diameter.

What thread on the members side should I post on? And thanks for all the response.

Just stumbled upon this... Ya'll are right down the road from me! I live in Hendersonville.

Hi steve

I'm thinking of taking the course and learn about it

welcome WOG glad you found us. by the way, how did you find us? I found LHBA while researching kit homes on the internet. I quickly found I could not afford one. LOL!!
    now we're on our way to having a beautiful place to retire in (that's debt free!!) what a dream come true!! a lot of work, but a dream come true!

again, welcome. glad you're here