Page 13 of 304 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself

Hey everyone, I'm Keith.

The boards don't look too busy lately but I'm chiming in anyway.

Currently living in Minneapolis and intend to register for the November 11-12 classes tomorrow sometime.

My goal is to follow Skip's method completely and, hopefully, move myself to Washington before too long. I'm almost debt free and intend to stay that way. Give me a cabin with a huge stone fireplace, a writing desk and some good neighbors and I'm set!

I am a Newbie

Hello everyone! My name is Larry Gessner and I haven't signed up for a class yet but that will happen in good time. I just joined yesterday and I live in the wonderfull state of ND. Trees would be nice to have here but I'll make do with importing for now. I hope I can be accepted here. I have a log home business in ND. I always wanted to handcraft a log home. I have the utmost respect for those of you who have learned this craft. It is an artform all in it's own. I respect all forms of log building and as I read posts I hope to be anble to converse with all of you and share my love of log homes as well. :D

Introduce yourself

Hey, my name is Andy. My wife, Christal, and I took the Oct. 7/8 '06 class and are getting ready to build on our property in middle GA. We hope to get things going on the foundation and structure this winter, as we already have most of the tools and even some of the materials already at hand.

A special thanks to Ellsworth and Steve for a great class and providing the forums and continual tech support we'll need. :D

If anyone in GA or east AL needs help on their house, let me know.

Introduce yourself

I'm Mike. My wife and I are from the Cincinnati area. We're looking to build in the SE Indiana area soon. We're looking for suitable acreage and trying to get started. We've lurked the site for some time now, and have spent the past several months trying to learn as much as we can about timber construction.

Looking forwared to taking the class someday soon.

Introduce yourself

I'm Carey from SLC, Utah. I'm hoping to take the class this winter. I've been lurking arounding this site for a year or two and trying to convince my family to build with me. A few days ago one of my brothers said he's buying land this spring for a family cabin. Woo-hoo! Hope it all works out....

My dream is to build a cabin (for me) on Whidbey Island or thereabouts. An aunt just bought a house there, and I'm totally in love with the whole area.

Any other single women out there building or hoping to build?

PS ??? My username comes from the children's book Andrew Henry's Meadow. It'd be great fun to build all those little houses.

Introduce yourself

Howdy. I have 10 acres of treed property in northern Yavapai County AZ and I am going to do something, I just don't know for sure what yet. In the meantime I have a little park model mobile home, solar panels, inverter, and a few other amenities while I figure it all out. I get to enjoy the property without commiting to a major project first. :D

Introduce yourself

Dear Carey,

I'm in Texas right now and I'm not single, but I just bought 5 acres in Sequim, Washington. Hopefully starting spring 2007 I will start building while hubby stays in Texas and runs our ranch. If you read this forum regularly you will see my posts as I start our march toward financial freedom, and if there is something you want to come see you can then contact me. I'll be living at the site in my horse trailer and you are welcome to come visit and even lift a hand if so inspired! :D

What I've learned from just this forum is immeasurable. I hope that my future posts covering my progress can one day help someone else. We are all scattered, but still all together in one goal.

WalkingHorseLady

Introduction

Unfortunately, I have a bizzare story, but it's all true.

My name is William. I live in Chicago Suburbs. In Novemebr 2003 I was delivering a pizza. I ran a stop sign, and 29 days later I was released from jail. As it turns out, I was arrested on a warrant some a "William", living in a different part of the state.

I spent a year argueing in court alone, and just over a year ago I found a lawyer. When we last spoke, he said that the sheriff lost his motion to dismiss and was found to be in contempt of court for failing to allow access to a judge 3 days after arrest. A simple instruction to the sheriff on EVERY warrant EVER issued.

So now he is going after the CHicago police for a false arrest on the warrant. The Warrant had previously been served to the suspect and justice had been done. There is also 2 different sets of fingerprints and photographs, of me and the other guy. The police either "knew, or should have known", through fingerprints, driver's license, photographs and the threatening phone call the police made to my mom the night I was arrested, that I was not the person wanted on the McHenry County Warrant.

I may not have the means today to build my dream house, but any day now, my lawyer is going to call me in to sign a few papers and I will have to choose between a new car, or real estate.

Real Estate is currently in the lead....

So that's it, I'm just a normal guy going through a strange situation.

Have a great day!

William

LHBA Member

Introduce yourself

Hi all. I'm Keith, took the Labor Day Weekend class 2006. I'm currently living in Almaty, Kazakhstan and plan to move back to the States in 6-12 months. I've been looking online for land around Asheville, NC to build my first home. My parents bought a home there years ago for their retirement, and since then the property values have risen 300%. It's a gorgeous area that is popular with retirees, which is good for me because I plan to build a house and turn it rather than live in it. I'd love to get in touch with anyone who has built in the area or plans to within the next year or so.

Introduce yourself

Let me pop in and say hello to everyone as well. I am exremely excited about the prospect of building my own log home. Have no debt other than car payments. We haven't taken the class yet but I think this evening my wife, Nerine, and I will be signing up for 2007. I really do not want to wait too long and for some reason classes not be taught any longer or for a long period.

We currently live in Reading, PA. Not a very nice city where I want to raise my son. My wife is a trauma nurse, so we can just about move anywhere and she'll be able to secure employment easily; so we are thinking maybe moving out west somewhere.

I am 38 and my wife 32, son jayden is 3 1/2. I believe whole heartedly that this is feasible for us...intimidating a ever, very scary since I have never built a home before...but I think I can do this.

Look forward to meeting some fo you one day perhaps and taking this class and being on our way to a more secure future.

Leo and Nerine Kozloski