Page 12 of 304 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself

Hello, I am Michael from Lexington Tn, the supposedly garden state of the nation :lol: Attended the Class in March of 2006, great investement and lot's of good people on this fourm. Haven't built yet, finishing model still looking for land, may have a snag with my job though, will know in a few more days. But not worries if push comes to shove I can move to a new location, can any one say Alaska or perhaps Wyoming :!:

Introduce yourself

I've made a few postings but have not yet introduce ourselves. My name is Steve and my wife's name is Sandy. We are definitely building a log home. I will be taking the Sept. 9-10 class next month. Last year we purchased 15 acres, (90% wooded) in the endless mountain region of Susquehanna County, PA. Hopefully we can come up with a design that will work with the type and size of trees we have.

Where are we at now? We still have to get electric and septic in but we???ve made progress. We have secured the necessary easements for pole placement on neighboring properties, the well is dug, (580 feet) the perc test is complete, the clearing is ready, (about an acre) and the old motor home is parked at the far end. We have started hauling logs up to the clearing with my 30 year old Bronco and a home made tree dolly. We have a long way to go and a lot to look forward to, especially the class.

Take care,
    Steve

Howdy!

I'm Pepper from Olalla. I ran across this site a while back and haven't taken the time to check out the forums. I got an e-mail cancelling me for lack of participation, so I figure I'd best get on with it and introduce myself.

I'm a mother of many. I just got off of a 8 month unemployed stint and didn't have the money for the june course. My old man's been in school for the last 3 years retraining for the work force as he has a disability that prevents him from earning his money from his back anymore.

I'm back to work and just got my first paycheck in the nick of time to keep the lights and phone on:) Once the daily neccassities are all caught up, my first major purchase will be paying for this class.

My credit is a bit in shambles, but nothing that 6 months of religious budgeting won't cure. I just got a VA certificate for a down payment and am hoping to have everything in order to start building a place by this time next year. I've found some beautiful lots in the middle of no where and gotten a job via internet so I can live anyplace. I've wanted to live in a log cabin since I was 4 years old and I'm totally estactic that I can actually learn to build it myself!

I have a former student who lives right up the road from me and his place is for sale and it's magnificient! I have no doubts that this course will pay for itself 10 fold and can't wait to take it!

LHBA Member

Introduce yourself

Welcome Pepper.

Do you know if the log home for sale by a former student is listed with a realtor? If so can you post their link or website info.

Thanks!

Introduce yourself

I actually found the house from this site. I was thrilled to be able to show the old man what a great investment the course was and only had to drag him 6 blocks:)

Introduce yourself

Hi Everyone,

My boyfriend and I took the class in July '04 (anyone else in this class, please reply!). I was a widow with seven kids and fell in love with a great guy and we were going to build a butt and pass log home. We bought the property and were preparing it for a homesite. We got married on June 04, 2005 and, unfortunately, he was killed in a head-on train wreck five weeks later. After being twice-widowed in a two and a half year time period, it's taken me a while to pick up the pieces and resolve to move forward. Didn't mean to be depressing, just wanted to give a little background and explain where I'm at. Being on this website and forum helps rekindle the spark! I'd love to hear from anyone near the Central, MS area that would like to share experience or even help! Looking forward to getting started!

Genny (a.k.a., Woman In A Shoe!)
    Kosciusko, MS (about an hour and a half north of Jackson)

newby

Just found this forum, while looking for cabin plans. I`m live SW Florida, spend time in Glasgow KY, and Galax Va, seen a great log cabin on the river in Galax, now I want one, maby KY. Retired Air Force, like to travel.

Introduce yourself

Hey. My husband and I took the class in May 2006. We have been making plans and dreaming ever since we got married (all of 3 years ;). We have decided that it is time. We live in Calgary and our townhouse has doubled in value, so we figure it is a good time to buy and acreage, sell our townhouse, and start building. Deffinately scary. We're quite young, and no kids yet, so we want to take this opportunity while we can, and have a wonderful house, debt free lifestyle, and beautiful place to raise our children. Besides, I'm sick of the office!

LHBA Member

Introduce yourself

Hi Everyone!
    I am Elisha.
    I just signed up for the Oct 7&8 class :D I am so excited. I found the associations website a few months ago and finally have the time to go.
    I am located in skagit county.
    See you all in the members section soon :)

Introduce yourself

Hey all!
    Happened upon the Association's site recently while doing some cabin research and have been trying to absorb all I can from the great articles here. Feel like I've learned so much already. Hope to make classes next year if not sooner!

Was surpised and quite pleased to learn the class is right down the roadfrom me and even more pleasantly surprised to see so many successfull student projects in my own back yard!

Looking forward to gleaning more wisdom from everyone.

Cheers!
    - Ryan