Page 11 of 304 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself

Hello all, we've posted but thought an intro would be good

This is Misty & Russ Hornsby. We just got married April 22nd 2006. I'm from Michigan live there most of my life. Moved to Florida where Russ & I met. Russ is from Florida but lived in Indiana for a while. Neither of us like Florida to live. The cost of living has gotten way out of control and the pay is horrible. Both of us like small town or country living and love the look of the log cabins. We stayed in cabins on our honeymoon and even though they were built bad we still couldn't wait to get started with our home.Thats when we almost made a huge mistake and looked at a kit from Barna Log Homes. I redid one of their plans and the price changed and went up and up and up until the price was over double what was listed. The contract is sitting on the desk right in front of me waiting on us to sign.I did some log home searches and found this site. So we are taking the class before we do anything. I have never built more than a manger for our nativity seen in our front yard. Russ is fairly handy and can pretty much do what ever he puts his mind to. We have both spent a fews years of our working lives at Lowes & other home improvment stores. We have done our own floors and other basic improvments but nothing near building a house, so wish us luck. If this class goes well we will start as soon as we get the land.
    So there it is for now :lol:

introduction

Hi my name is Stu, I 'm from Connecticut, I took the class in May 04 that was held in Mass. at the Whitecomb Summit. So far I have foundation in, have most of my doors and windows. Have most tools needed. Currently waiting on log delivery.

Introduce yourself

Hi, presently building a home (full scribed), have a lot of questions. Great to know that you are there to help.

Introduce yourself

Hi, my husband and I plan to attend one of the classes in the near future. We've been looking at various options for buying land and building, and found the Log Home Builders website. Aha, this is it! :D What a great resource. Looking forward to learning more and meeting some of the log home builders in the area. (We're in Silverdale, Washington)

Introduce yourself

Hello all,
    I went to the 10-11 June class. Very interesting and informative. I will be buying some land by the end of the month. Once you start looking for trees, it seems that all types of oppurtunities come up. I am in Huntsville, AL. If there are any members in the area, lets get together.

Another hello.

Hello all,

My name's Dale and my wife is Cathy. We're in the Seattle area and are considering attending the weekend class soon. We'll likely bring a friend whom we've talked into helping us here and there. We have 50 acres east of Tonasket, Washingtion that we're trying to sell (it has limited timber, but not enough to build with), so we can finance buying a lot and building a log home on it. (Has anybody built in a city?)

I'm 43, my wife's 62, and our friend is 65.

Hopefully I'll be able to secure a lot soon. There is a potential location within 1/2 block of where my apartment is and I'm working on splitting off two pieces to create a new lot. It would be perfect to be able to walk to my building site from my apartment, but, while I haven't gotten a no from either party yet, I haven't gotten a yes either. And then there are all of the remaining hurdles: price, escrow, easements, permits, cash, site prep,....

Any suggests of any kind will be most welcome--well, almost any. :?

Thanks for the forum.

Sincerely,

Dale E.Edmons

Hello!!

Hi everybody,

I attended the June 10-11, 2006 class and enjoyed every minute...even walking the monster hill to get to Skip's house! :shock:

The class is definitely worth the money and in my opinion is actually worth MUCH more. I am looking for land in the SE Michigan area and plan on building using Skip's techniques over the next year or so. I'm currently doing my homework on the local building codes/restrictions, etc. and trying to secure inexpensve building materials along the way.

If anybody is from the Michigan area drop me a line.

Al

Introduce yourself

Hi everyone,
    I would like to introduce myself. I have been a member for a few weeks but not posted. I live in Georgia & hope to build in 3 years, when I retire. I have signed up for the Sept class.So this comes at a good time for me. I have 3 years to plan & get ready. See ya'll there. Jim

Get acquainted, Howdy

Hey Steve! This is Dave Maiden. My son, Josh, and I took the class June 10, 11, of 2006. My son's comment is that the instructors are cool! I live in Olympia WA, the state capital, and place where our tax dollars come to give their lives. I'm looking for property to build on, and will be giving updates as we progress in building our first butt and pass log home. The class was inspirational, and very informative. Also a healthy alternative to sitting at home, (that driveway is long, and steep!)

thanks for the hello,

dave maiden

Introduce yourself

Hi

My name is Phil, born and currently living in England. Hoping to buy some land and build a Log Home (using the techniques taught) in Quebec Canada.

Did the 28-29th June 2006 course - Great. Every time I though something must be tough or complex, the guys had a easy trick. Informative and inspiring !.

After a very brief visit to Quebec, immediatly after the course, I've hopefully found the land, but didn't have much success confirming that logs of suitable diameter and length could be sourced there. May have to ship from BC. All of the kit log/dowel suppliers seem to supply BC wood.

Now back on the internet, may be able to find some Quebec logs.

Welcome anyone get in touch with insights about building in Quebec or from people builidng in GB.

Going to volunteer free labour to anyone doing a build as I'd like to get the hands on experience, even if I have to buy a cheap flight somewhere, but it'd need to be fulltime & accomodation & sustenance provided.

All the best
    Phil