Page 58 of 304 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself

Neighbors

Kyle, email me at www.dankonefal@mac.com Johnstown's about an hour or so from the burgh. Shouldn't be that big of a deal to take a road trip. Dan

Kate, where in PA?

I'm in Pittsburgh. I don't know where you are going to be in the fall or if I'll be building at that time, but I think I found my ridge pole in the form of a 50 ft. evergreen on my new property. Met my next-door neighbor today. He has some trees he wants cut down on his property and even offered to put the word out that I'm looking for logs, too. How 'bout that? All that from being friendly. You can find me at www.dankonefal@mac.com Dan

Blog Entries

How do we gain access to the members only section?

Hi all, We (my wife and I) attended Skips class in April of 1989. We have emailed several times asking for access to the members only section but it hasn't happened yet. Over the years we have built several log structures for ourselves and others and now it is time to build our dream house. We could sure use the help and advice that is available behind the curtain. Can anyone clue me in on what we are doing wrong here.... Thanks... Ron n Patty

members section

Quote Originally Posted by loghousenut
    Hi all, We (my wife and I) attended Skips class in April of 1989. We have emailed several times asking for access to the members only section but it hasn't happened yet. Over the years we have built several log structures for ourselves and others and now it is time to build our dream house. We could sure use the help and advice that is available behind the curtain. Can anyone clue me in on what we are doing wrong here.... Thanks... Ron n Patty
    Have you seen this page: ?
    http://www.loghomebuilders.org/members-forum-access

That 'should' work....hopefully :)

introduction

Hi my name is Kat and I live within the mountains of west central Montana. I moved here in the Fall of 2001, bought a small house, yearned for more freedom to be me and have more serenity. I found it when I bought 20 acres in the mountains here! I have been building a room each year since I bought the land and now have four rooms and a water holding shed. Now I am getting ready to build a 32' 8 sided hogan syle cabin as the roads up to my home are treacherous during the winter months and when it rains as they are mostly clay and very very slippery on the switchbacks. Will live in the cabin during the winter and up top during the summer months. This time while building I am building with logs from burnt trees. A fire hit this area in 2006, missed my home and all but about 5 acres of my property. Kat

Blog Entries

Members section

Yes Shark, I have applied on that link several times. I am getting no reply. Please, somebody get me headed in the right direction... Thanks.

LHBA Member
    Blog Entries

Introduction

After 911 and working at Ground Zero in NYC, I need a getaway place to recharge and possibly retire in 12 more years. I have 34 acres in the Adirondacks and want to build my very own log cabin. Me and a friend will be taking Skips class in May of 08...Can wait !!!!!!

LHBA Member
    Blog Entries

City Boy with Country Heart

After 911 and working at Ground Zero in NYC, I need a getaway place to recharge and possibly retire in 12 more years. I have 34 acres in the Adirondacks and want to build my very own log cabin. Me and a friend will be taking Skips class in May of 08...Can't wait !!!!!!

Just signed up

Well I did it after reading all the posts in the forums I have been convinced to take the class.
    I have just signed up for the June 7th class .
    I am more than a little nervous about this whole adventure but I love adventure's
    About 10 years ago I stickbuilt my home I did hire a coworker that had some building experience
    and enjoyed virtually everyminute (with the exception of the roofing)
    Are there anyone else out there that are planning to take the class?
    Don

Introduce yourself

Hi

We took the class in 2006 and are putting up our first logs on Thursday (May 29th). Exciting times!!! We are building in Point Roberts, Washinton. A 20 X 20 with a loft desgned by Glen.

Canucks