Page 113 of 304 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 3039

Thread: Introduce yourself

Blog Entries

Lone Alex...

Alex, All your life you have had an unfulfilled dream. It may be time to live the dream. Take the class. Make the contacts. Work on the contacts homes. Don't worry about your handicap of having no family in the area to help you. Most of my family has no idea what I'm doing and would think I'm crazy if they knew. Your support group will be as big as it has to be and if you are the type of person who enjoys being alone, you'll do fine alone.

Photo is Son, Jake planting a seed log for the next house.

Hello All

I am new to the site and the also teh construction of log homes. My wife and I just purchased 6 acres in Tenn and have decided on a log home. Most work will be done by use as we believe more care is taken when you work on what you own. Hope everyone is having a great holiday season

Blog Entries

Welcome aboard...

Quote Originally Posted by d5nuke
    I am new to the site and the also teh construction of log homes. My wife and I just purchased 6 acres in Tenn and have decided on a log home. Most work will be done by use as we believe more care is taken when you work on what you own. Hope everyone is having a great holiday season
    Have you signed up for class yet?

class sign up

[/quote]

Have you signed up for class yet?[/quote]

I have not signed up for a class as it looks like only Las Vegas is listed as far as I can find. That wont work for us I have 4 little girls to tote around. if a class was in Georgia,Tenn,or north Florida it would be great.

Blog Entries

I'm not a Vegas kinda guy, but...

Have you signed up for class yet?[/quote]

I have not signed up for a class as it looks like only Las Vegas is listed as far as I can find. That wont work for us I have 4 little girls to tote around. if a class was in Georgia,Tenn,or north Florida it would be great.[/quote]

I know it is cheap to fly there and might not be a bad drive if you are up for your 30 days of leave. How about you and Mom and the four little ones taking Gramaw out for her first trip to the city of lights. There are a number of kid friendly hotels and the old gal probably deserves a getaway from all that Southern hospitality she's been dishing out.

If you wait for the next class in Washington, it would be a great class, with the oportunity to touch and feel what you'll be studying, but probably a more costly affair all the way around.

The NUMBER ONE rule in my book would be to not even consider leaving a spouse at home for the sake of expense. I think my wife's pushing, prodding, accounting, purchasing, scheduling, forklifting, and muscle-powering would be much less effective (and less affective as well) if she were coming from a different "school" of thought.

Patty Smith, Class of August, 1988

New members reporting for duty!!

Well after several years of lurking and dreaming it's all systems go...
    I'm currently in England and my hubs-to-be is in Canada, the next couple of months are going to be a real whirlwind of activity as not only are we getting married but we shall also be spending our first Valentine's day together in Vegas...can ya guess what we'll be doing????
    .........NOOOOO, not THAT ;o)
    .......we'll be attending class, of course!!

Yeeeee harrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Michelle and JP are the names, pleased to meet y'all...

living in Portland, OR & building in Ashford, WA

welcome!

welcome!
    this is gonna be fun!

2 cents :)

: )

congrats on the wedding ( and the class of course! )

Hello!

Hello everyone, I'm Tom, 49 years old, have been dreaming of a log cabin far out in the woods....... for 20 years. I'm purchasing land this Spring, somewhere in the Central Cascades of WA.

My current dream is to build a small rustic cabin 12x18 that looks like it's been there 100 years. Would like to find someone who can help, ideally experienced. Or do the whole job is an option. Depends on the class schedule for 2010.

Looks like I missed the 2009 class in Gold Bar dangit....

great to have you here, tomm.

depending on your intestinal fortitude for regulations, and where you currently live, you may find it easier to build elsewhere. Washington thinks it is their business to meddle in all facets of construction. If you are attempting to get around that by staying under 200 SF, Perhaps you should consider 14x14. Square is better for practical purposes.

Anyway where are you now? if in Western WA, I would be available to scrub your plans a bit. I live up by everett.

stressman79@hotmail.com

-Peter