Page 173 of 302 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 3015

Thread: Introduce yourself

Blog Entries
    Christofori,

> if the forum is maintain through the fees generated from the class, then everyone has something to gain if more people take the class,

I think that is the point, we don't want everyone to join just to make this bigger and bring in more money from the classes. That is more of a corporate mindset. But more is not necessarily better and that is what we promote. We want people like you (I'm guessing by our past posts). But there are many other people not like you that are more interested in things we are not about as a group. Many visitors are more interested in selling us something, a product or promoting another style of building they have a financial interest in.

We want the next generation of members to keep things pretty much just as they are, simple.

Don't let this frustrate you. The real fun is just around the corner my friend.
    edkemper

Class: Valentine's Day weekend 2009

Feel the Bern!

It is what it is. "Qwich yer bellyaching"
    I'm about ready to make the whole bunch of you stand in the corner.

LHBA Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm really looking forward to seeing Christofori coming to the other side. I'm expectin him to give LHN a run for his money.

Hello
    My name is Jim and I live in Alberta Canada. I have a fishing lodge on Vancouver island and I am thinking about building myself a log cabin there. My nephew has a wood miser band saw that I may be able to use to help with the project.
    I joined this forum looking for info on how to build a log cabin.
    Thanks
    Jim

Blog Entries
    Jim,

You're at the right spot if you want to build this cabin with your own hands. Keep reading and look carefully at the log homes in the album. Each one built by the owner.

We have a lot in common. You're a boat builder who wants to build a log house.... I am a log house nut who wants to be a boat nut.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatbuilder View Post
    Hello
    My name is Jim and I live in Alberta Canada. I have a fishing lodge on Vancouver island and I am thinking about building myself a log cabin there. My nephew has a wood miser band saw that I may be able to use to help with the project.
    I joined this forum looking for info on how to build a log cabin.
    Thanks
    Jim
    If you have the time and the money get yourself in the Class Labor day weekend, Las Vegas NV... the class has a money back guarantee, but I don't think you'll need to ever use it.

The class covers all the information to pick you up and show you a route to build the cabin of your dreams, there are still slots on the class, until you take the class, it is hard to grasp why the class is so important, but without the class it's just too much information to assimilate, the class has a structure that will make it all clear.

http://mechanicaltransfer.com/classe...-2nd-2012.html sign up, sign on, get busy!

I am actually a welder by trade. I built 1- 25' cuddy cabin boat for west coast fishing. It took me 2 years of weekends and evenings to complete but it was worth every minute of it. It has fished for over 3000 hours now and works awesome.
    The problem I have of building a log cabin is that I live 20 hours away from our place on the coast. I would like to prefab it at home and disassemble it and put it back together out there. Not sure if this is possible but thats the plan for now. I'm just beginning to research now.

Thanks
    Jim

in this doom economic time for many...the best thing Skip taught was to stay out of debt, dont overbuild , dont get vision of grandeur<lol> . nothing like having a nice home...nothing worse than not being able to afford it!

LHBA Member

Dave & Denise In South Dakota

Hi ! This is Dave and Denise – we live in the Sioux Falls, SD area now but are planning on building our log home in the Black Hills of SD or points west in a couple years.
    We are set to join the 2012 Labor Day class in 10 days and from what we have found out about this group it will be very informative! It seems our mindset dovetails with the LHBA’s so it should be a very beneficial experience for years to come.
    We hope to find others in our vicinity who may be able to use our ?help? on their LHBA home at some point if schedules allow.

Blog Entries
    Welcome aboard Dave n Denise... So what did you folks do with Abe?