Page 261 of 304 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 3039

Thread: Introduce yourself

Nancy,
    Welcome on board. You'll love the class.

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Nancy,
    Welcome on board. You'll love the class.
    Thanks! I see that you are a newer member....Did you take the class recently? If so , did you stay at Harrahs? I've got my flights booked but hotels are a bit pricey over the holiday weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ncaress View Post
    Thanks! I see that you are a newer member....Did you take the class recently? If so , did you stay at Harrahs? I've got my flights booked but hotels are a bit pricey over the holiday weekend.
    I had booked into Harrah's, but due to circumstances the class was moved to the Flamingo that week and I re-booked.

Vegas isn't really that large. Look for rooms somewhere along the monorail line any you should be fine.

LHBA Member
    Just wanted to take a moment to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the class (Feb20th). The trip was so worth it!
    My name is Debbie. My husband and I live in East TN. We have land and I think enough trees. I’m reading all the cool info on the forum and trying to learn all I can. Would love to hear from anyone in this area, maybe help and get some experience.

LHBA Member
    Blog Entries
    We live in Morristown 1/2 the time.

Aiea, Hi or when it's warm Camano Island, Washington
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie
    build on a Gulf Island.
    the Pacific Rim culture.
    hope to have $175K for the build.
    But my question is Do you think this is enough? How much more expensive is it to build on an island?
    (Ideally, I would like to build a 30' by 30'. Is that small?)
    I presume you are talking about the gulf of Alaska not Mexico because you like the Pacific Rim Culture.
    175 should be enough depending on the land, your style etc.
    If the island has ferry service, the cost should not be that expensive... Especially if your chosen island has big Doug Fir trees. I built a 30 by 30 and it is plenty big for two people. I have an LHBA fiend that built on Fort Roberts (US) and built a very elegant 25 by 25.

Take the class. Also contact the below person
    www.WileyLogHomes.com "Hand Crafted Traditions" His business is building shell in the LHBA style and does it fast... although you must do the prep work so he can finish fast... We are talking weeks. He has worked in Washington so a little further north may not make much more difference.

I would suggest finding a lot of more than an acre (45,000 sqft) because a log home looks cramped side by side with a stick built home...

Best of luck. If your ever in my neighborhood, please stop in and has a coffee or two...

I have tried to reply to your pm, without sucess so here it is...
    Dave
    --> The unaimed arrow never misses....
    --> If can, can. If no can, no can... Hawaiian Pidgin
    2011 video http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/open...a413d0d0a&sb=1
    2006 to 2009 video http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s274/flintlock1/
    If you are gonna be dumb, you better be TOUGH!

Hi all. frank from eastern Canada here. i have a log home with familiar problems and i hope to get some help here . it is good to have such a site to get help from experienced home owners. looking forward to meet one and all.

hi there, Crazy. with a name like that, you'll fit right in here

Well I'm back. We are getting more serious and hope to make the Labor day class IF there is one. Tons of questions mainly about cost and how to estimate.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tex View Post
    Well I'm back. We are getting more serious and hope to make the Labor day class IF there is one. Tons of questions mainly about cost and how to estimate.
    Mr and Mrs Tex,

It'll cost every nickel and don't waste your time estimating.

PS... If you are like me you will have enough nickels. Look forward to seeing you on the other side.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.