Page 88 of 304 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself

Newbie hopes to escape L.A.

Hey y'all!

My name is Jason and I am an LBHA addict.

My family and I reside high in the mountains east of L.A., were I am currently a slave to the corporate medical monster. I just signed up for the February class and figured it was time to intruduce myself. I've been lurking here for over a year, soaking up the wisdom, insight and humor while becoming inspired. We are desperately trying to divest from this industrial existence and carve out a simple, agrarian homestead somewhere else in the next coupla years.

I ran into Skip's old website a few years ago while researching the true nature of land "titles" in this country. Those articles opened my eyes to so many things that have literally turned my worldview on it's head... kinda like waking up from a loooong sleep. I was so disheartened to learn that Skip had passed on... he was definately someone I wanted to meet and speak with eye to eye. This community speaks volumes to the substance of his character. I reckon Ellsworth is a reflection of that as well, so I look forward to meeting him, and Steve.

Anyway, I am impatiently waiting for the February class and looking forward to meeting and learning from all of the amazing personalities I see here!

i now believe in?

Sasquatch, welcome. I am kinda stuck in L.A. also. I do have land in Cody WY. and if all pans out--i am out of here leaving you holding down the riff raff here ;)

Building In Florida

Hey Steve,

I'm working on getting out to your class. I live in Florida near the Ocala National Forest. I am gathering information on building my own cabin from scratch. I'm not sure if the timber in this area is proper for a log home. Looking to better understand what I should be doing at this time besides saving for the airfare and checking for land.

Blog Entries

Florida has trees too.

Keep reading what you can on this site and get to saving money for the trip to class. Remember, it'll cost less for you to come up here and go to school than it would for me to go to Disneyworld and, believe me, your trip will change your life more than a trip to mouseland would change mine. It took twenty years for me to start on my dream house but I assure you those twenty years were different for me after I took the course from Skip. Keep an eye on this website and get to class as soon as you can. Your questions will change after you have attended the class.

Blog Entries

Christine, What type of

Christine,

What type of music on your label? If you don't mind me asking.

Blog Entries

Howdy neighbor

Curt,

I know Auburn well. Let me know when you return.

On the (seasonal) Williamson River. mostly catfish. 40 miles north of Klamath Falls on 97. I have a Klamath great broker to hook you up with if you're interested. It was just over $500/per. Half is mostly mid to early growth lodge pole pine and aspen stands. The other half is mostly wetlands with a multi-acre seasonal duck pond with island. It's on the migration route for just about everything walking or flying. I'm betting less than 100 foot elevation change from high to low. Water table is fairly shallow and possibly used by solar to run year round to keep the pond full. Electric 50 ft away so I'm going to be on grid with solar for sell back. This feels like one of those once in a lifetime lotto win. I'm learning a lot and will be taking the class with my wife as soon as we can arrange it so we don't have to take the kids out of school for long. They can stay with family in Seattle while we're in class. Let me know when you come home. Maybe I can help with my research efforts.

Be safe my friend. By the way, my wife is from Tokyo, moved here over 30 years ago. I am a very lucky man.

WHERE IN MISSOURI

I HAVE A PLACE IN BLOOMFRIELD MO 34AC RANDY

Long time lurker here

Hi all,

I just wanted to inform everyone here that you have all contributed to my decision to take the class come February. I've been visiting the website for a few years now, officially registering last year. I am very much looking forward to learning everything I can about building and becoming debt free. And I can't wait for the class and to meet others who share my dream!

I want to thank everyone who has taken the time to post their thoughts/testimonials here as well as pictures of their beautiful homes.

~ross (WA)

p.s. anyone else taking the Feb. class?

Blog Entries

February Class dates?

What are the dates for February's class? Trying to arrange things.

Feb. class

Check the home page: http://www.loghomebuilders.org/