Page 18 of 304 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself

welcome newbies!

Welcome to all the newbies!

If you got the passion and energy to take charge of your life and DIY, you come to the right place!
    Read all you can and post often.

Minister from Illinois

Hi everyone. I'm a pastor of a Southern Baptist Church in Mt. Vernon,Illinois. Mt. Vernon is an hour east of St. Louis. I've been reading the log home builders website for over a year, and I'll be glad when I can attend a class. I just bought an acre of land that has a 3.5 acre lake, a prefect spot for my log home!! Lord willing, I'll be able to attend a class this fall, if one is offered.

Blessings to all,
    Jim Duncan

Forum is cool, can we add a chat room?

Wouldn't it be great if we had our own chat room? Posting on the forum is great, but a chat would so much quicker. Just a thought

Hi all!

My wife and I have been visiting this site for a few months, and have been wanting to build a log home. We were thinking about the recent class in April, but circumstances wouldn't allow. A buddy of mine and I are anxiously awaiting the opportunity to sign up for the next class - love the website and looking forward to learning more!

Scott (Peanut)

Hello from Abroad

Hi All,

For over 20 yrs, I read in the UW Experimental Collage about a course on log homes... but never got around to taking it. sigh But after 25 yrs of Great Northwest / Seattle living (including 5 yrs of house remodeling and permit wrangling) I opted for a totally new experience, and moved to Scandinavia: Denmark, Sweden, and finally Norway. But it looks like I'm finally going to settle down in Latvia, and I'm considering purchasing some beautiful land overlooking a pristine lake, with two log homes: one is 100yrs old with need of repair, the other, a brand new shell, made from logs imported from Siberia! Both are in need of work to make them winter-hearty, and I plan on making additions of new buildings as well (log of course). So I'm sure I'll be pestering this great website with questions. Maybe I'll even try to come back home for a weekend workshop in Monroe... The locals are extemely friendly and knowledgeable (good thing my wife speaks Latvian and Russian, I don't, yet) I'll try and pick up any 'local tips' and would love to share/compare with LHBA ideas. Let me know if anyone has questions for this side of the pond!

Cheers,
    Jim

Class Schedule

Hello everyone!
    I'm interested in the next available class, but I'm having trouble getting information. I've sent a couple of e-mails and left a couple of voicemails, but haven't heard back!

Hi from grannyk

Hi all,
    I have been coming to the forum for a few years now and we may
    be on the verge of buying some land in the next week or two. So
    if all goes well I am also hoping hubby and I can get into the next
    class as we will need to begin building ASAP.
    This is a great new forum guys, thanks for all your hard work!

God Bless Ya,
    grannyk

Midwest

Hi ClubMike!
    Yup, we live in the midwest too, in Illinois near the Mo border.
    We haven't attended a class yet but hope to soon.

God Bless Ya,
    grannyk

Land In Canada

Russ: Consider looking in the Wells Grey Park area near Clearwater BC. Beautiful pristine area not too far from Edmonton and land prices still decent.

Hi Steve, Hi All, I'm Dan

Hi Steve, Hi All, I'm Dan from Madison, Ohio. I just became a member, I look forward to talking with you all especially when I can take the classes and start my lifelong dream(goal) of building my first loghome(the right way:) )