Page 268 of 303 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 3022

Thread: Introduce yourself

Howdy All!!
    The Boatie's here. We are so blessed that we have been turned on to this blog and the fellowship that it brings. We missed out on the latest class, but will be keeping a keen eye out for the next available. We are planning to relocate our family this coming summer to Northern Idaho from Texas.

Blog Entries
    Yer gonna have to do something about that handle... Booties just don't sound proper on a log home forum.

Welcome home. You'll love the class, and northern Idaho is right in the heart of log home territory.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

Hello Everyone,
    I'm a new member. My name is Malcolm and I'm in Clark County in the state of Washington. I'm looking forward to helping my fellow members out with their builds as well as exchanging information.

Loghousenut - Good news is it's not Booties, phonetic sound is Boaty. It's short for my last name and has been a nickname forever.

So... When does next years class schedule come out?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoatie's View Post
    Loghousenut - Good news is it's not Booties, phonetic sound is Boaty. It's short for my last name and has been a nickname forever.

So... When does next years class schedule come out?
    Well, that is good news indeed! I can stomach Boaties much better than Booties. My own name sounds phonetically similar to "Fatron"... I use my longtime nickname, LHN, instead. These things are important to a persons image.

HeckifIknow when the classes will be held next year. I think there is a place to sign up for notification somewhere on the site.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

Regular+ User
    Welcome to the site, looks like they just announced the next class for February 18-19 next year. Right before presidents day so I will be there hopefully this time, I missed the last class as well!

LHBA Member
    Hi I am Russell Snow, I took the class in May 2016. I am currently living in Antelope Valley California. Is there anyone building near here that I can help out a day to see what it really looks like?

Hello, I am Dave. My wife and I just closed on 10 acres in Brown County Indiana. We love the rolling hills and the fall foliage. We are hoping to attend the class in February. I have been reading threads and blogs since April. We are very excited about building our log home.

Hi, all!

I'm Ken Dye. I'm 49 years old, never married & no kids (these days, you actually have to point that out), and I have a building spot in the NW corner of North Carolina on a mountain. I took the class in late May & learned a lot but know it's only the beginning. I'm hoping to be able to build in the next 2-3 years assuming I can afford to, but working on that front with an investment that should come through in a couple of years. That's when I'll start looking to build ASAP...I have to get out of this drug corridor town (Florence, SC) where gang members shot me in the back but at least I can still walk. Needless to say, I'll need help with labor somehow, and class at least gave me a couple of ideas of where to look when the time comes.

My idea is to build a 2-story 30 x 30 house, perhaps with a basement as well. I am thinking the roof may be the biggest issue considering snowfall, plus the foundation & how deep the frost line may be.

I'll end the intro here. Good reading on this forum and I hope to get to know some of you better! PLEASE let me know if you live in/near SC or NW NC. Perhaps we can help each other somehow.

Blog Entries
    We have a lot in common, Ken... I live on the drug corridor of the other coast. I think every meth cook is required to make a pilgrimage to my County at least once in his/her career.