Page 299 of 304 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 3039

Thread: Introduce yourself

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by More corners View Post
    LHN~ Love the shot of your re-wedding. Will not be there for the party on Labor Day, but so happy for you getting into your home. Incredible!
    Thank You. I expect to see you on your next trip to the wrong coast.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

Hello All,

John from Australia here. Just purchased and moved into a log home, and so I am looking for tips and tricks etc. I have some maintenance to do, and so I thought I would drop and say hi.

Cheers
    J

hi there JFleming. welcome

Hello, and welcome.

Hi All!

Long time lurker here, extremely infrequent poster. I don't know if I ever have officially introduced myself. My name is Aaron, my wife's name is Jaime. We are planning to build a B&P log home within the next 4-5, on acreage in western Washington state. I've been designing the house and other things on the property for the past three or so years (even though we've only owned the property a little over a year), reading and studying as much as I can on just about every aspect of construction. Our vision and dream has definitely become more real since we purchased the property and have done a few small improvements, with lots more to come this year. We're really looking forward to the whole process.

Regards,
    Aaron

Blog Entries
    Aaron and Jaime, Looking back on the process, I can assure you that you have every reason to look forward to the process.

Why not take the class so we can talk to you on the member's side of the forum? That's where the action happens. Good deal on legal plans too that pays for the course.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

Hello, name is Rick from Washington, I own 40.52 acres of timberland next to the Okanogan National Forest at 3400 feet in elevation. I have built a cabin on it already, complete with a ranger station, campground with 6 campsites, solar community well (livestock design) and professional signage. Its all private for family. I have always loved log cabins and wanted to attend when classes were in my home state, but they move to Vegas. Good news, its all online now, so I signed up for lifetime membership and here I am. I plan on retiring in about 4 to 5 years. Getting ducks in a row to build a modest sized cabin to retire in.

I am married, 2 girls, 4 grand-kids, live in Olympia, hobbies are ham radio, shooting, hunting, but haven't done any in 12 years, I spend all my vacation time at my cabin now playing and making improvements to the land. I'm a Toyota dealer tech by trade, same place for 31+ yrs now.

Wanting to get to know others in here. I have loads of great pictures to share too. Not log stuff yet, but know members will enjoy. Havent figured out how to post pictures yet.
    Rick
    Rick

The Double J Ranch & Timber Farm
    "Ride for the Brand"-- its the code of the west.

Blog Entries
    Rick, you are smack in the middle of LHBA territory. Lucky man!

How did you like the online class?

Start posting photos and making the relationships that will force is locals to stop in when we are in the neighborhood.

Sent from my LGL83BL using Tapatalk

Just signed up, working through it now, love it so far. Any LHBA member is always welcomed at my place. Its a nice special place. I'm headed up at the end of April with a small work party and my Kubota tractor to build a log type park shelter (12X16) it will be framed in logs, roof will be sheeted with plywood and light green metal roofing to match the other structures. I suspect I may only get the footers built. I have dropped and skidded some beetle kill already. I have a Kawasaki Mule 4WD that skids logs with ease. Have my barking spuds ready, I also have a log wizard on a chain saw I set up just for peeling. Ground off all cutting teeth, its jsut a log peeler now. Few draw knives..

Rick
    Rick

Last edited by DoubleJRanch; 03-14-2020 at 07:44 PM.
    Rick