Page 240 of 304 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 3039

Thread: Introduce yourself

LHBA Member
    Welcome, Judy. Sorry to hear about your husband. It's good you still want to fulfill your dream.

I'd recommend reading the forums to find answers to your questions, and questions you didn't know you had. ;-)

You can do this.

Welcome Judy, very sorry to hear about your husband. Like don said you can do this. There is a lot of answers here on the forums, just have a look and if you need help you only need to ask im sure someone will help.
    Jason - LHBA Class of May/2015

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall ~Confucius~

Judy:

Sorry to hear about your husband's passing. That's got to be incredibly rough.

Where in the "East Mountains?" I grew up in the area, so the good news is you'll have year round weather for building. Yes, there's a couple days of snow, wind, lightning, rain or wind--but for the most part you can work comfortably outside any time of year.

If you keep it simple, you can definitely do it, or an awful lot of the work yourself. Logs are a lot like adobe, in that they will never be perfectly straight, plus, level or smooth--nor do they need to be.

You'll understand a lot better the concept of keeping the house plan simple if you take the class/workshop. It's not about building techniques, it's about a way to approach a house. If that makes any sense.

Dan

Hello, I'm Mark from NC. Just registered for the September class with my wife Shawn.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkNC View Post
    Hello, I'm Mark from NC. Just registered for the September class with my wife Shawn.
    Smart move. Look forward to toying with you on the other side.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

Welcome aboard Mark & Shawn, lots to see and hear and learn in the class im sure you will have fun!
    Jason - LHBA Class of May/2015

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall ~Confucius~

Quote Originally Posted by MarkNC View Post
    Hi Mark, lots if NC folks here! Welcome aboard. There will be a South East meet and greet at my place in October. Hope you can make it.

Blane, is that just for the South East?

Jamesp and I live in Northern Pennsylvania. Hoping to meet up with some members after the class in September. We are really looking forward to the class! Been waiting over a year to be able to attend one!

so glad you're attending class with your husband. things go way better when the 2 of you are coming from the same place welcome