Thread: Introduce yourself

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleJRanch View Post
    Thank you from Washington. Right on Mudflap, 95, they had a split year, original "truck" and later was "Tacoma" sometimes called a 95 1/2, I assume Tacoma and its a 3.4 V6 assuming its a 6 cylinder. Yes, dealer tech, same store for 31 yrs. Wonderful employer. A fellow co worker who is now retired knew and worked with Jeff Cooley, he is a LHBA member and built a gorgeous home in Gig Harbor WA. I know many of you probably know him. He used to work for Art Morrison Race car chassis builder co worker said he was very talented.

I found my way into the members section while looking around, so most of my chatter will be in there now. loghousenut pointed me in that direction. Glad to meet you mudflap. I'm enjoying this. I have rekindled my log home fire in the belly.
    Yeah, it's got the 3.0. Researching it, I think I had the problem where the back cylinder next to the crossover pipe gets too hot- my valves burned up in that cylinder. I bought a new motor off ebay and plugged it in. And re-routed that pipe down away from that cylinder.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
    --
    "cutting trees is more important than thinking about cutting trees or planning to cut trees." ~ F. David Stanley

videos: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/mudflap/
    polished blog: https://loghomejourney.wordpress.com
    not-so-polished-but-updated-frequently blog: https://mudbox.freedombox.rocks/ikiw...fromtheMudbox/
    diaspora: https://diaspora.psyco.fr/people/613...39001e67d879df

Quote Originally Posted by mudflap View Post
    Yeah, it's got the 3.0. Researching it, I think I had the problem where the back cylinder next to the crossover pipe gets too hot- my valves burned up in that cylinder. I bought a new motor off ebay and plugged it in. And re-routed that pipe down away from that cylinder.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
    Ok, you have the early 95, pre Tacoma, ie VZN110L model (door jamb sticker) Probably the R150F 5 spd, 4:30 axle ratio... I cut my teeth on these. A tech during the headgasket recall era, I got that down to 3.5 hours.

No, burnt vales are just usually not enough clearance. They are shims and so they get neglected. Measure them stone cold, you will find intakes will all be fine, exhaust can get snug. If too tight, the valve doesnt fully seat, but still runs good, and by not fully seating, its unable to get rid of the heat in the valve top. For that small time its close, its losing heat to the head. Usually about 150K to 200K on an engine that has had its oil always changed ie no abnormal wear. The normal wear is to get tight. Abnormal is to get looser.

Shims only get so thin in size too, I have seen where the smallest shim made is still too tight. Means valve has burrowed it way too deep and no shims made. They get too thin, they will kick out or be lower than the bucket. I have access to factory manuals, I can send you a nice chart to aid in picking the right shims too.
    Rick

The Double J Ranch & Timber Farm
    "Ride for the Brand"-- its the code of the west.