Page 241 of 304 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 3039

Thread: Introduce yourself

Live in Utah and attended the class over Memorial Day weekend with my father-in-law. Now we're looking at property in southern Idaho for our builds.

Quote Originally Posted by 12th man View Post
    Hey everone, I just went through the june 6-7 class and must say it was well worth every penny. Right now im in the research phase of the whole project, looking for the right land etc. Im in the Walla Walla Washington area and am curious if there is anyone building in the general area. I also go over to the west side of the state a lot, south of seattle. That is where I grew up. Would love to get some experience helping someone with their cabin when available.
    Welcome to the other side 12th man, we are in Spokane by way of Seattle. Own 10 acres outside of Spokane. Lots of info from Wa. Builders. We haven't started yet but you can glean a lot from so many builds on here.....

Quote Originally Posted by gh1959 View Post
    Hello, there, I just joined this group. I was looking to build a log home with my husband, which has been a dream of ours for the past 10 years. We've gone the kit route, to try to build a home and everything fell through. My husband passed away in November, and I still want to fulfill our dream. We have 2 acres in the East Mountains outside of Albuquerque, and I would really love to build our house. If I could get some help in fulfilling our dream, I would be so grateful. I don't know if I could afford the workshop, but I could try. I am now 60 and wondering how much I could do myself. THanks for listening, Judy.
    Judy, first my sympathies to you on the loss of your husband. Continue with your dream & with some help & manageable size you can make it happen. Rachel Bieber did..... Check out her blog. Use search engine with her name. You will find it inspiring & hopefully give you the push to believe in your own capabilities! You took the first step by finding us on LHBA

Judy, anything is possible with hard work and enough determination!
    www.WileyLogHomes.com
    "Hand Crafted Traditions"

Greetings to all. I'm Paul from Mississippi. I just signed up for the September class. Looking forward to a wonderful adventure that ends up with my retirement home.

Blog Entries
    Glad to have you on board, Paul. On the member's side you'll get to see a video of your old friend. Poppin' Fresh.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

Rofl ok i could not NOT laugh at that LHN. Welcome Paul i hope you enjoy your class!
    Jason - LHBA Class of May/2015

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall ~Confucius~

LHN, Not sure about Poppin' Fresh, especially coming from you...but I am taking the plunge. Only a little more than a month to class time. I can't wait. So, I will be reading old posts tonight.

Hi Everybody!

I'm Nicolas, living and working in Winnipeg, MB, Canada.
    I've got with my wife a real dream about building our wood house, and I think I finally found a way to do it (that I can afford at least) here!

I wonder, do the association is active in Canada also?

I will probably see some of you in september for the trainning!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
    Hi Everybody!

I'm Nicolas, living and working in Winnipeg, MB, Canada.
    I've got with my wife a real dream about building our wood house, and I think I finally found a way to do it (that I can afford at least) here!

I wonder, do the association is active in Canada also?

I will probably see some of you in september for the trainning!
    I know there is at least one active canuck. You might stray from teaching a bit...maybe an Alaskan entryway.

Sent from my VS986 using Forum Runner
    Last edited by StressMan79; 07-24-2015 at 06:29 PM.